i dated a guy that really had a thing for bras

when we saw each other he always gave me money and asked me to buy new bras

so i did

purps

• moshe
    moshe
    he always gave me money and asked me to buy new bras

so i did

I understand fully, Purps. I had a girlfriend once who liked to wear clothes, see through blouses, etc from Fredericks of Hollywood and I helped her with shopping, too.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    understand fully, Purps. I had a girlfriend once who liked to wear clothes, see through blouses, etc from Fredericks of Hollywood and I helped her with shopping, too.

I miss those days

it was fun

purps

• Brain Dead
  • CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Okay, so the thread got hijacked, let me steer it back on course.

A bipolar with money to spend is a pretty dangerous combination, like teenaged children with liquor and your new car, or Congressmen with next years budget.

My father in law suffers from this. He's retired, with too much time on his hands, and a pretty anxious personality to begin with. I have seen him blow money on a land "rental" that cost him over $4000 (he had this idea that he was going to build on it, and all our families were going to live there, Ha ha, yeah right.) He has "lent" money to low lifes for "business ventures" that go absolutely nowhere. He purchased a POS automobile (paying way more than it was worth) so that he could "fix it up". Plus, he has managed to get himself banned from every shop, restaurant, cafe, and public venue in our town.

When he is on his meds, he is scarily calm, but at least we know where he is and what he is doing. When he lowers the dosage, or goes off completely, life is hell.

• blondie
    blondie

the problem with natural products such as St John's Wort is maintaining the quality and strength consistently. I would be interested in what people like Scully, an RN, has to say about this. I would like to keep a medical practictioner in play when seeking treatment, an MD with a psychiatric degree. Bipolar is a chemical deficiency in the brain.

http://bipolar.about.com/

is a good website to find out alternatives and what is new in the medical field and among the rank and file. There is a good forum and the administrators are knowledgeable.

blonide

• penny2
    penny2

I'm really suspicious of people who "care about you" and want to help but you have to pay to find out what the help is.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Bipolar untreated can be very serious. Finding the right meds is often very hard. If you do find the right combo i suggest you stay on them. Fish oil and the amino acids can be helpful, as is exercise, diet and all that. But its an adjunct to the meds.

I had to laugh ( a little)at the caffeine and alcohol treatment. So many people with mental disorders do self medicate with just those things.

sixty is right, the "natural' people are trying to make a huge profit just like the pharmacy companies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit