Barbara's CD - Answering the Critics

by Hoping4Change 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

It would be interesting to hear what people think will be the things (if any) that JW's wont be able to deny from Barbara's work. For example, over on the Topix boards, many are crying out that the "dismissed with prejudice" documents prove nothing and that there is no "proof" any settlements were paid.

I havent hardly begun sifting through the mountain of material, and it may be too early to start a thread like this, but it would be good to hear some comment and opinions that "answer the critics" about this bundle of material.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The Watchtower Society admits that settlements were paid - they were quoted in the AP release, and admitted that a settlement had been paid. That has never been in question.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yes but if you can believe it, a huge portion of the JW's on the topix board are all closing thier eyes because if it has anything to do with Silent Lambs ot anything that got info from anyone that got info from anyone off of silent lambs, or anyone that they concider apostate...they are dismissing it. It is absolutely insane.

This one guy is has everyone convinced that even if people google it, and it comes up on other sights, that those are pretty much false unless he and they see one, a news release that has this information straight from the news stations mouth...then they are not really listening. They are not believing the quote from the AP release.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I had posted a small response to Danny H's post, and thisJW, I think Jumped on me and started name calling and well was really ugly. So I went so far as to post a bit of my story over there after. Things that had to deal with abuse and could be discussed. One peson commented, and I think perhaps they may have been an exJW...not sure, but not one of the JW's that had been mud slinging commented, and they just jumped past it and changed topics (red herringed it) and kept on going. It was not realling a post they could ignore either. It was really odd. It was almost like they knew they would have had proof...so they just skipped over me. It was so odd.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Some of the brainwashed JW's on the Topix board are insinuating that the Associated Press conspired with Silentlambs to rip apart the WT. They're either really in denial or they just don't want to admit the WT screwed up big time.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

It amazes me that they will defend the WTBTS (good JW's) on the evil internet (makes them bad JW's) where they are not even ALLOWED to be. Can you say hypocrites?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Emporer Wears NO Clothes...

but the followers don't see him naked...cuz they don't want to!!!!

Skeeter

• fedorE
    fedorE

IF WE DIVIDE THE JWS INTO 3 CATAGORIES.THERE ARE JWS THAT ARE ARE NOT CONVINCED AND EVENTUALLY LEAVE, THEN THERE ARE THE GROUP THAT STAY BUT DONT BELIEVE . BUT IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THIS ARE ALL THE JWS THAT WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING. THEY COULD BE TOLD THAT THE MOON IS BLUE CHEESE AND PREACH IT FROM DOOR TO DOOR IF IT WAS IN THE WT MAG..SO..IM NOT SURPRISED.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Not to stymie Barbara's efforts here-and I am buying my copy today, aren't these documents something that people can post? Surely she can't have copyright over the individual documents, only her commentary. Are there other legal restrictions to putting some of them on the web?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit