Barbara's CD - Answering the Critics

by Hoping4Change 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jourles
    Jourles
    aren't these documents something that people can post? Surely she can't have copyright over the individual documents, only her commentary. Are there other legal restrictions to putting some of them on the web?

Yes, you can post images of the transcripts, etc. By law, government documents which contain statistics, statements, or other generally publically available content(such as from a court case) are freely usable. Barbara would only hold copyright to her commentary and the CDROM's artwork. Even then, you would be allowed to post images of her writings and comment on her commentary under Fair Use. Ray Franz did the same with CoC and correspondence he retained from his Bethel years. I haven't received my CDROM yet, but if there are thousands of unedited or unaltered pages straight from the courthouse contained within the CDROM, you are allowed to remove those images and do with them as you see fit. It's just with Barbara's package, you are getting the story behind the story by purchasing the CDROM. This in itself is worth the price.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Jourles, that is what I thought. I purchased my CD today-I hope it gets here before we move. I am hoping that some of the documents show up in Topix, here, and other sites-and plastered to the inside of the KH restroom stalls:) I know we will see one soon, and am looking forward to watch some JWs do the dance of denial. I more look forward to see the ones who get a clue about the organization and get bold enough to ask some of the tough questions.

The exciting thing is-we know that many are just looking for the reason to get themselves out of the org. They just need (what is to them) a valid excuse. I am hoping they will find a few in the CD. We all had our final straws-and this will be that for many others. How many started to view the borg for what it was for the blood issue, the UN scandal, or another trigger point? We all had our doubts about many teachings, but as long as we gave the borg credibility/authority, we were willing to concede in other areas. This will show them for what they are in a way that will offend SO many good hearted and honest people that they will be able to acknowledge all the other doubts they have about the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit