The Prestige, and other movies JW's aren't supposed to like

by gaiagirl 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Seriously, it's like these clods think that the debbil is gonna get them if they watch The Prestige or something...I swear, these dorks make themselves more likely to take things way too far by being prevented from experiencing things.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Demon magic is way cooler than Christian magic!

LOL!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My parents walked out on "The Sixth Sense". And when my mother told my sister and I what happened she wasn't happy to find out that my sister loved the movie and recommended seeing it more than once and that I hadn't seen the movie yet but was eager to do so. I loved it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do the JW's get their britches in a wad over a few harmless magic tricks?

They attend a magic show every Sunday when the Faithful Slave pulls NEW LIGHT out of their cauldrons lit by some very strange fires.

• carla
    carla

My jw is totally freaked about magic, even magicians (vs those who think they possess certain magical or supernatural powers, which are far worse than show magicians according to dub rules) we watched Prestige one night while he was at a meeting. hahaha, that's how it goes at our house, 'oh good, dad will be gone can we watch....? Funny thing is before he converted to the cult he borrowed Harry Potter from a friend for the kids, now he says things like, "I wish you wouldn't read that (or watch as the case may be).

How do jw's feel about the new show Mind Contol with Darren Brown? I've only seen it a twice, very entertaining and humorous sometimes. All slight of mind types of things. Magic show of the brain I guess. He has some youtube videos if you are interested.

• changeling
    changeling

It always made me mad when witnesses could not differentiate betwen slight of hand and magic.

changeling

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Magic? Our old circuit overseer used to perform tricks from the platform during his visit.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit