Especially liked this part:

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird
    and when we find someone whose weirdness
    is compatible with ours,
    we join up with them and fall in
    mutual weirdness and call it love.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

1. He tucks me in at night, and makes sure i have water next to the bed!

• PEC
    PEC

No, I didn't write it, I stole it off the web, there was no author listed.

Philip

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

In no particular order:

1. Makes me laugh

2. I respect him (thought he was an imature a-hole at first because he was an imature a-hole!)

3. very kind and tolerant with my daughter

4. does house work without me asking

5. has changed and grown as a human being beyond all recognition (see point 2)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

PEC, too bad you're not the brilliant poet I thought you were...but the poem is wonderful nonetheless...Thanks for finding it and sharing!

• RAF
    RAF

Yeah nice poem PEC

Buttlight !!!

KatieKitten :

very kind and tolerant with my daughter

Now that's something which really had it's importance - when occasionnaly my ex was living with us ... When he was moody he was actually bothering my son with supid stuffs like how to sit while you are eating on a table (when he was not able to show the right example BTW) - There are so much things wich is important for kids to pay attention to that really I couldn't stand that (= WAR not because of what he was saying to Tony but because of his reasons and his inability to show the right example) - that is when I really fell like to kick him out of the house RIGHT NOW.

Now I have to wonder if I would really enjoy to share parentwood? You brought that back on the table (it will always depends on with who anyway).

and I like your allusion linking 5 to 2

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Friendship

Trust

Love

Communication

Sex

and don't forget to have fun with each other!

nj

• RAF
    RAF

thank ex-nj-jw

I'll put all that into "harmony" even trust somehow ...

but you putting communication makes me thinking that the kind of harmony I'm would really want (since we are not in a paradise ... LOL) is more about understanding which can in any case always lead to harmony whatever happens, whatever we differ on ... you know something like that. so finally it's more about deepunderstanding - to be able to skip from a trouble to joy (right then juste because we want it).

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hmm, interesting thread, my last serious relationship would list as follows:

1. Talking for hour and hours, about anything and everything and never running out of something to discuss with each other. (I am talking months and months of sitting down nightly and shooting the shit for hours, till the wee mornings.)

2. He taught me alot of new things and vice versa.

3. The ability to tell the other, your being an ass.

4. His food, yum, he's a chef!

5. Of course, sex!

• RAF
    RAF

you're new here Sweetstuff (face!!!), Welcome since I don't remember welcoming you !

Your answers (but 4 and 5) actually makes me think of my relationship with my son ... complicity (And I guess I really need that).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit