Public talk cut down to 30 minutes

by katiekitten 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Perhaps they cut down the length of the public talk to make it more "public friendly". Perhaps non-jws would be more willing to attend a KH to hear a 30 minute talk instead of a longer one. Thus, they get more outsider interest.

Also, I could see some more "special campaigns" to promote the public talk, just as they've been doing with the conventions. Here's a header, "Save your life in 30 minutes! Learn what the bible says about your future!"

IMO, The WTS has, as of late, been trying to make themselves more mainstream with the invitations and the paperback publications.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Heathen-

YES! A kegger and some peanuts. Chat about the history of old light, new light, and no light. Throw down some pickled herring and bison vodka.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was known for years that people can only concentrate and absorb information for around 45 - 50 minutes, that's the useful concentration span, then the mind wonders off and a good rest is required to refresh the ability to concentrate.

Probably the GB took heed of that, though that leaves the asemblies as a big waste of time for the above reason.

• heathen
    heathen

Really Lawrence , like who do they think they are fooling anyway? Enough people have posted about the love of beer in the org. It's time they just stopped pretending and just losen those ties and give up that anal phony BS.

• educ8self
    educ8self

You down with ADD? Yeah you know m.. Oh look, a chicken!

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Wow, 45 minute attention span?

During the public talk, I last about 10-15 minutes. Then I'm zoned out for the rest of the talk, and the watchtower.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Well the next logical move to get new members is to have a kegger

It worked for South Park in the Civil War reenactment episode.

Get the masses drunk and they'll do anything for you.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    in order to accomodate congs where lots shared one hall

That's new. I read here that it was to make it easier to get out on the preach after the meetings.

• avengers
    avengers

Guess some of the ideas they had were pretty good.

lol. Andy

• dobbie
    dobbie

The kingdom hall here is shared but the ones who have the morning meetings go into field service from the hall straight after. I know they always used to try to discourage ones not going out hanging around yapping so i presumed it was so that they allow this time for the yapping and then they can get on with the field service meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit