CONVERSATION WITH MY JW SISTER LAST NIGHT......

by Mary 54 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Rutherford's "Satan's Organization" campaign was nothing but a propaganda technique...known as a "Granfalloon Tactic" (google this).
    Ironically this occurred around the same time Hitler was authoring "Mein Kampf".
    Rutherford nearly wrote his stuff from jail too.

They were both written from the same temperament and attitude.

• BIG D
    BIG D

HOW CAN I GET THE ANDERSON CD?
  • bisous
    bisous

Mary, I don't have any doctrinal suggestions. Just wanted to say *how exciting!!!* and good luck with your next chat!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mary, if I can offer my 2ยข -- get a copy of Don Cameron's book, "CAPTIVES OF A CONCEPT" I believe that Don has homed in on the linchpin doctrine of the WTB&TS, that they were selected by jay-sus in 1918 to be his sole representatives on earf. Don also dismantles the "new light' doctrine quite effectively. The remarkable thing is that Don accomplishes both these objectives using Watchtower publications as his only reference.

CAPTIVES OF A CONCEPT can be obtained from LULU.COM

BIG D - Barb Anderson's CD can be obtained from LULU.COM It is titled SECRETS OF PEDOPHILIA IN AN AMERICAN RELIGION.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Mary....along with the other suggestions seen here, since you have already touched on an "individual's" relationship vs "an organizational" relationship being needed to please God.....it might be helpful to focus a bit more on this idea. We are ALL going to stand accountable in the end....and the WTS (a publishing company) is not going to play ANY PART in what we did or did not do.

It is extremely difficult for any JW to see this, that the "organization" is NOT leading them to salvation (her own realizations and persoanl observations can attest to that) and the teaching that leaving the WTS is the same as leaving God---is ludicrous. I can't tell you how many time I have been told (on DBs) that *"I have turned my back on God", and no amount of reasoning gets them to see it in any other way. It has been SO well indoctrinated into their minds.

Only you can gauge how much info you can impart to her before she shuts down and becomes defensive of the WTS.....but keep us posted on what happens.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit