What Positive Things Have You Achieved Since Leaving?

by sweet pea 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am blissfully unconcerned about what any of them think of me. I was never terribly interested when I was active but now I am NOT interested at all. This is a positive thing because it is emotionally unhealthy to be concerned or consumed with what other people think about you.

It is also delightful not to have to be rushing off to make all those awful meetings.

LHG

P.S. I have nothing but the middle finger for them.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have my children back in my life.. we were estranged for many years and it all hinged off me being a dub and them wanting nothing to do with the dubs... I've had them back 3 yrs.. and my dad back 4.. (he was offended about the dubs too).. so i got my dad back for 3 xmases before he passed this last May..

so glad I got him back before he died.. and my children back now

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

I have finally been able to be comfortable in my own skin. I now know who I am and have gained immeasurable confidence. It is great to be at ease with myself and accept me for who I am. It is a direct result of ceasing to worry about how another is going to think of me if I say "this" or do "that". I am who I am and if you don't like it, I don't care.

CCS

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I am learning to think in shades of gray

I have come to understand the family dysfunction that got me involved with the JWs in the first place

I am figuring out how to be more assertive, and that I don't have to say, do, or be what others expect

I am really enjoying being a mom now

I graduated from nursing school-whoohooo

• Hermano
    Hermano

I don't feel guilty anymore. I don't feel like I am not good enough. I am afraid of God or death. I am free.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I've started a great marriage, made some awesome friends, started an undergrad degree and I'm a much nicer person.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Oh, yeah, and I started a new religion, LOL.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I think it's called the Church Of Toast, or something like that . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit