Calling all ELDERS

by The Oracle 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

I was most grateful to an Elder that has hung in there serving. He encouraged me to leave an abusive marriage when I told him that I felt suicidial. In fact both he and his wife encouraged me to get out of the marriage always assuring me that Jehovah was on my side and would bless me and help me. I was strengthed enough to leave my JW husband and have been happy ever since. So far as I know he and his wife still serve. I think it is great when ones can hang in there and help those who are suffering all kinds of bad advice.

Balsam

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Update:

The campaign is beginning to yield some great results!

At least two more people are seriously doubting the organization's teachings!

I was at a congregation gathering today and some of the brothers and sisters were talking about the subjects I had emailed them about. Ironically enough one sister appeared to be trying to plant seeds of doubt in my mind, based on information I had (unknown to her) supplied to her previously... LOL!

Also: I can now confirm that one more mind has been freed completely from WT prison. The exit is complete. This person is doing a full blown fade.

There will be many many more in the coming months!!

Peace to all and .... CHEERS! This calls for a drink!

The Oracle

PS: still very interested in connected with more elders out there.... I know this thread has been read over 1,000 times and I have only received a few replies from elders looking to join the fight...I know you are out there..... we need more warriors...

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

congrats oracle.

• Quandary
    Quandary

Oracle:

Any more updates about the success of your efforts? I truly wish you TONS of success!! I personally will be doing a complete fade by summer's end. I can't waste anymore of my life in the LIE! I have mentioned my serious doubts to two of my closest friends in the org. They sympathize but currently cannot make any moves because of family ties. The way I am planning to fade, my family ties will not be shaken. I can't expound now, but will be able to give my complete story in a few months.

Q

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hi Quandary,

Yes I suppose I should be more diligent in reporting refreshing news from a distant land.

The campaigns have had excellent results. It's hard to measure the full success, but I can happily report that there are literally dozens of people who have left the org or are in the process of leaving, who have been exposed to some of our work (emails/facebook messages/comments & emails on youtube, regular mail etc etc)

I really should be keeping some sort of diary. I'd like to throw out a conservative estimate that at least 50 minds have been jolted out of slumber and have cleared away the WT smog from their faces, as a direct result of some of these campaigns. I'm especially thankfull that this list includes a very close friend (he doesn't know the source yet) and two very close family members (one knows the source and the other doesn't yet). Another one of the freed minds has actually started his own religion of sorts and has dragged about 20 people out of his local congregation. Not exactly what I was after, but at least they are out of the WT. There are no doubt other spin-off benefits all over the country and perhaps the planet for all I know.

However, what I am doing pales in comparison to some of the great things being done by many of the other posters on this board here! "V" comes to mind for his absolutely fantastic videos on youtube...but there are many many others who are really making a difference. It is a bit of a team effort. The common thread that I like to be associated with, is the group that actually cares about the common Jehovah's Witness and views him or her as someone who desperately needs help to be saved out of a dangerous situation.

Despite the successes, I also have to report that the plan to connect with other elders and circuit overseers to make a concerted and coordinated effort never really panned out, although I have been able to share the code of ethics for elder (ammended several times over the last year) with several other elders and MS's whom I have met here and other places on the internet. It's hard to find other elders who are willing to jump on the bandwagon so to speak, because everyone's situation is different, and everyone is at a different spot in their personal evolution. However, I believe they have found the code useful - and my hope is that it has resulted in many others being effected positively as a result.

I could share more, but perhaps another time as I am getting sleepy.

Good night,

The Oracle

• cawshun
    cawshun

Oracle, thank you so much for what your doing. I want my family saved from this cult and I am getting no where. It takes power and a revalution from with in. Solidarity, sticking together. My grand-kids lives are at stake, so I can tell you I so appreciate what your trying to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

I hate to be a cynic, but doesn't this sound a bit naive? You need more than a handful of elders to make any impact. You'll need circuit overseers, district overseers, and especially Bethelites (preferably high-ranking Bethelites). And even if you can gather a big enough crowd, all the organization has to do is have mass disfellowshipping, as in disfellowshipping congregations. I don't see how any attempt to destroy the organization will succeed. It's probably better to let the organization dissolve itself over time. I think this organization will disappear within the next hundred years.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    You need more than a handful of elders to make any impact. You'll need circuit overseers, district overseers, and especially Bethelites (preferably high-ranking Bethelites).

Oooh, you mean like all those soon to be ex CO's and DO's and the hundreds of Bethelites being "let go" after years of service. I should imagine there will be at least a few who become disgruntled, wake up and smell the roses.

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

Oracle has stated the main objective was to help individuals, and it's good to see this being accomplished. I think that is a healthier and more productive goal than reforming or destroying the organization, by comparison. Due to the nature of the organization, it is extremely difficult to establish a network of inside leadership working for change or to help individuals. However, I suggest there is an informal collection of minds-in-agreement, without necessarily direct communication. I'm sure there are many elders, for example, who are influenced and encouraged by what they read here. They may never post, may never contact anyone here, might only share a silent understanding with a few local contacts. But they know they are not alone. Personally, one of the first things I enjoyed about this site was the realization that it wasn't just me, or a few JW's I knew, but MANY others who noticed the same problems I had noticed and felt the same frustrations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit