Calling all ELDERS

by The Oracle 38 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

If you are an elder who frequents this site, please let me know.

I am trying to connect (completely anonymously - your privacy is assured) with as many elders as I can. I know that there are hundreds of elders in the same position as myself (have had our awakening and have come to realize that "the truth" is a sham).

I encourage you to continue to serve as an elder and for you to work together with other like minded elders as a collective force for true good. There is much we can do from the inside to help the cause.

There are thousands and indeed millions of kind and honest hearted people whose only crime is that they have allowed themselves to be deceived and are still active JWs. These ones deserve our help. They deserve to be freed.

Please respond. We CAN make a difference.

I am also very interested in hearing from bethelites and circuit overseers. I know you are out there. This is your chance to really do something worthwhile with your life. Your years of servitude to a corrupt man-made organization need to not be in vain.

The Oracle

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Oracle,

You're new here, and some might be suspicious of your request.

If I can be of some help in this, from either side, I'd be willing to do that. Elders who might want to work with Oracle but who would like to remain anonymous for a while, I would be glad to work as an intermeidary. They tossed my ass out a couple of years ago, so there's nothing the WTS can do to me at this point. I was a MS and elder for 20 years or so, though it's been a while, so I've got some background.

Anyway, anyone interested in Oracle's offer, but suspicious or hesitant, feel free to PM me and I'll see what this is all about.

This could be quite interesting for all concerned, and I'd love to help.

S4

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Thanks Seeker4,

Your help is appreciated. I understand why there might be some hesitation, that is why I stressed remaining anonymous. Sadly, I can't really trust anyone either so there is no way I am revealing who I am, as that would jeopordize the whole plan. Apparently there are brothers assigned to monitor these kinds of sites for activity like this, so whatever you can do to help ensure anonymity will be most welcome.

I think a great deal can be accomplished without ever revealing our true identities - except maybe at the end of the mission when we have sprung a few hundred thousand out of WT prison and we have a big party somewhere.

Thanks again!

The Oracle.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

I am not who you need - am a woman so therefore never worthy of such a privilege!

However good luck with your plan!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Oracle,

I recently "stepped aside" after being an elder for around 10 years and a MS for almost the same length. Born and raised in. Groomed from infancy to do things the WTS way. I was pretty gung-ho until I realized that several policies and doctrines (1914 being the chief doctrine) were unscriptural and in some cases, downright dangerous (policy on child abuse and the blood policy for two examples). I had thoughts of reform as well and if this request had been floated about a year ago, I would have jumped on the bandwagon. The main block to reform that I can see is the fact that the organization is so top down driven.

I'm not sure what type of reform you're hoping to achieve, but maybe laying a high level overview out would generate some interest. Minor things may change, mainly due to threat of legal action, but any large scale reform (again, not sure if you're looking for doctrinal reform of some sort or policy reform) is probably impossible. Remember that Franz tried to get the GB to change some things (at least according to him) and you see where that got him. If the GB wouldn't listen to one of their own, I'm not sure they would listen to any of their field hands.

I appauld your attempts but my belief is that even if you were able to get several high level Bethelites, COs and even numerous elders to put pressure on the org to make changes, the results would be their being DF'ed. Remember, they purged some pretty high ranking Bethelites before in the early 1980s and they wouldn't think twice about doing it again.

I'm interested in hearing your plan. I realize that since I'm not in the position you are looking for, there is probably very little I could do to assist, but you never know. I still have lots of folks I'm friendly with that are elders and they all think I stepped down because I needed to spend more time with my young family (which is mostly true). If you don't want to post it, maybe you can PM me with it?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Oracle it won't work. The best thing that all Elders can do is resign and leave the society scraping the bottom of the barrell. All the cream of the crop so to speak have been put out. The latest has been Anderson ( she is the one who opened the pedophile cases ) and her husband Joe, they served in the high positons for 60 years together. Others have tried from the inside to reform the society.

My take on this is that the Watchtower is a cult and needs to be removed completely not reformed or changed. Soon with all the pedophile cases coming to light, and with the Sept Km info, many more will vacate. How long before the rank and file see the true light about the Watchtower, well, I believe it will be a slow but sure process.

If what your planning works I will be the first to apologize to you. However, I am a realist.

Blueblades

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen

Blueblades--what Sept Km info are you referring to?

• Robert222
    Robert222

I left about a year ago, and I also think the best way to influence this cult is by simply leaving. Try speaking with family and friends on a personal level. However, a drop in numbers and in dollars is the only way to affect them. I do support those that are in a position to publicly speak out, through lawsuits, or whatever means, to further expose this religion as just a bunch of men living off our hard earned dollars, that have put themselves in the place of Jesus.

• metaspy
    metaspy

Blueblades is referring to the SeptKM question box, where the society "does not endorse" any independant group study.
    basically it is a ban on doing research that the society has already done for you.
    So don't make sure of all things, just listen to the society.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Fahr:

It's mentioned here, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/139179/2487229/post.ashx#2487229

and you can find better threads about it if you want.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit