TLK, Feel free to post your comments here:

by eclipse 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse

Ok, so you can stop hijacking A beautiful thread on love, post your judgements here for everyone to read: Here is one:

Adam & Eve chose to sin and go against God's command-all they had to do was not eat from the fruit of two trees but they couldn't manage that. Similarly, we have all chosen to sin as well. No-one holds a gun at our heads.

First of all, you are incorrect. They were only commanded to not touch the fruit from the tree of good and bad. The tree of life they were premitted to eat from. Secondly, we all sin because according to the bible we inherited imperfection. If we were PERFECT, then we would have the choice to sin or not sin. Being IMPERFECT means we cannot help but to sin Even the best of obedient persons is still considered sinful. Even when perfectly obedient.

So your statement is false and incorrect according to the bible.
  • DJK
    DJK

bttt

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

bump

• TLK
    TLK

OK!

1 John 4:9
    This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

1 John 4:10
    This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 John 4:11
    Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:12
    No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 John 4:16
    And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him

1 John 4:20
    If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:21
    And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother

1 John 5:1
    [ Faith in the Son of God ] Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

1 John 5:2
    This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.

1 John 5:3
    This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Revelation 1:6
    To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Well I am a big fan of John. Revelation was written by him too!

• eclipse
    eclipse

John writes some nice scripture.

Was my definition of sin and imprefection incorrect?

What say you?

• TLK
    TLK

Can't remember-what was it?

Does it tie up with The Word? If so I agree.

• eclipse
    eclipse

SCROLL UP.

My definition is in the first post of this thread, or did you not even bother to read it?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Is there some meaning to several scriptures written by John, other than to show that you could string them together? Some commentary would be appropriate, dude.

Jeff

• TLK
    TLK

No, I was just responding to the invitation to post your comments here!

eclipse-your theology is very good. Here's a question for you-will God judge us on our theology or on something else?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Tlk,

will God judge us on our theology or on something else?

I guess god won't be judging anyone because Jesus said:"Stop judging and you will not be judged"

So in order for god not to be judged he has to stop judging or else he will be judged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit