Please read if you commented on topic re:FDS/BS- meeting elders-BACKGROUND

by AWAKE&WATCHING 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur

Not caring if you are disfellowshipped is a good place to be. It shows that you have made some progress. Question: have you read Steven Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control" yet? If not, I strongly suggest that you not only study it well (underlining the points which apply to the WTS), but also share these key points with your husband. If you are so inclined, some of the research in Hassan's book just might make the elders themselves a bit queasy if you share it with them.

One of the points that Hassan makes is that ALL cultic groups practice what is called Information Control. This involves telling the members never to read any information that disagrees with or is unflattering of the group / organization. All cultic groups also display a very irrational disdain and fear of former members. All cultic groups and churches command their members never to have contact with, or the read any material published by a former member.

You may find it interesting for example, that there is not a single Scripture that can support a ban on books by former members such as Raymond Franz. Oh, the elders will surely try to use various proof texts, but the ones that they use are in the context of either those who are unrepentant fornicators, drunkards, and extortioners, or those who have abandoned the Christian faith all together. Just because someone cannot conscientiously support an organization does not make them an "anit-Christ". If this were true, then one would have to state that people such as William Tyndale and John Wycliff were also anti-Christs. And if they try to play the "Faithful Slave card" (i.e. "the Slave Says"); you can kindly tell them that not even a "Faithful Slave" has the right to speak where the Scriptures are silent. If they do, they are no longer "discreet".

If you do have a confrontation with elders, make sure you remain very calm, cool, and collected. JWs always expect "apostates" to be angry and demonstrate a rebellious attitude. Show them that you are rational and sober-minded about the matter. They will want to make you feel flustered and off-balance. Stick to one topic at a time, and don't let them jump from topic to topic.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You have found your way, the FDS being a channel of god is a self promoting lie they never had anything to show to back up this claim it is only supposed to steal the trust of gullible people and turn them into their victims.

Having extensively studied their history on the internet you surely know who they really are and what their objectives are.

• flipper
    flipper

Awake & Watching- I believe I replied to your initial thread on this. First of all, I'm so sorry you are going through this stress. It can be both exhilarating and scary all at the same time . So right away you are going to feel a conflict of emotions going through this. You have to do what is right for you and your peace of mind, for sure, like others have said. Perhaps also trying to reason a bit more with your husband on things, as it sounds like he has some doubts from what you stated.

A couple thoughts I might make you think about, with all due respect. I couldn't help but notice in your explanation that you mentioned you wanted to talk to " your friends " the elders and well you might consider them such. That being said, remember their prime concern is to keep the congregation protected , so in their eyes a friendship with you is all conditional on what you do for their organization. Believe me, having been there done that, if you want to keep your husband , be aware that the elders will do anything to " protect " him, their future publisher from any negativity coming from you. Negativity towards the org. that is. So it would seem to me, as you yourself said," You feel like you are getting your old husband back." Seems to me that the protection of your and his relationship in this should take priority over any alledged coersion they can apply to you or him.

God knows, enough families have been divided from the clutches of this religions grasp that way too much harm has been done to many families, mine included. So just be smart , save your husband from their clutches, don't let them divide your family. Only you and your husband know where you really stand with each other, but don't let the witnesses win. Good luck, and peace to you my friend, I feel for your decisions. Mr. Flipper

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I really hope that it goes well for you. In a long time you'll be very glad. You've got a bit of an ugly short-term ahead. You know where to find us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit