Make up your very own "Scripture" and post it here

by JH 61 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Preface to the Book of Genesis: Dear Reader, this is GOD. The book you are about to read is largely a work of fiction. Read it for fun. Read it for laughs. Cry if you must, but don't go killing anyone over it! You may disagree with everything it says, except for one thing: Love. Love yourself. Love your fellow man and woman. Love the elderly and the children. Love the animals. Love the land you live on so that all may dwell in peace. - GOD

Dave

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Here is the exact quote I was trying to recall earlier. This takes place in the scene inside the Mines of Moria, immediately after Frodo discovers Gollum is following them. Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance. Gandalf: Pity? It is pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit