How The Organization Hooks You With "Privileges"

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
    Vinny

You are also bombed with the:

This is another reason why so many of the elders are in it for the "position" and lack genuine compassion and empathy. I would say over 90 percent were position conscious rather than being men in it for thew purpose of serving the cong.

• minimus
    minimus

In the Watchtower Society, women have very little to feel proud about. So, if they give a great talk or comment, it's one of the few things they can do to get some recognition.....But I agree that some seem to LOVE the admiration and attention.

• JK666
    JK666

The old "Carrot and Stick" training method . . .

• erandir
    erandir

Vinny,

You couldn't have said it better!

Here's another one I heard: "You'd make a good CO someday!" This one was a bit optimistic, to say the least. *shivers*

• minimus
    minimus

It's hard to leave for many, especially if they are "used" in circuit assemblies and district conventions. Once a person recieves recognition from the circuit level, they become quite prominent. Nearly every Circuit Overseer gave me a circuit assembly talk and once your abilities become recognized, it's sometimes hard to give it up. At the end of my eldership, I started missing meetings and service quite a bit (for work) and the CO and BOE STILL wanted me to remain as an elder even though they finally accepted my resignation. Once I cut my mental ties with the Organization, I couldn't stand any of it!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I get the "You'll be an elder someday" comment all the time.

Little do they know that I plan to ditch my MS "duties" as soon as possible, and fade.

• minimus
    minimus

....you chameleon, you.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I always hated privileges, and the only reason I would accept was to not get dirty looks from my parents.

Should've stood my ground and said No to being an MS.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

How The Organization Hooks You With "Privileges"

Lots of dog eat dog back stabbing competition for da 'privileges' at my last Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusetts guys would kill over any assignment.WHY,as far as I could tell it was over the age old game sisters the sisters pick the bro with the highest rating.( James 3:15-16)

• minimus
    minimus

Danny, but were the sisters even good lookin'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit