I have succumed to the EVIL of all evils....

by R.F. 40 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

....and it's called COLLEGE!

That's right, the ultimate evil college is calling my name and i've fallen into the temptation.

My goal is to attend my old university starting in January. I attended there about 5 years ago but dropped out to further my Borg opportunities. I sure do regret it, but i'm still young so it's not a huge problem for me. I have some credit there already, of course, so that's a positive already lol! I'm ready to soak my head with as much education as I can get.

So wish me luck everyone!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

"Fill up your mind with all it can know..."

• carla
    carla

I thought you were going to say you went to a Catholic Church. On a scale which would be more evil in a jw mind? The devils playground (college) or Babylon the Great?

I think if my jw had a choice he would say the Catholic Church. Though it would be a tough call for him probably.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Here you go!

Blueblades

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

R.F. - You came to the forum about the same time as me and I've read your posts with great interest.You've GROWN so much these past few months and I am so excited for you.

Broaden your horizons kiddo !

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm ready to soak my head with as much education as I can get.

R. F., Here's looking at at you, kid. To paraphrase Dr. Seuss quite roughly, Oh! The things you will learn and the places you will go!

Please stay with it; knowledge is power. My 18-year old daughter begins university on Monday even though for now she's still "in."

May the Holy One bless you and keep you. Peace and love,

Snowbird

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

That's Great!!!!

I am currently searching for a position in a company that has education reimbursement benefits. I WANT TO BE A CPA!!!!!!!

• erandir
    erandir

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to college this semester four days a week AND working a night shift that starts at 7:30 pm. Uh huh...the ol' book study small group brainwashing session and TMS/Service Speech Class and Sales meetings during the week start at 7:30 pm, too. I sleep duing the normal field service times and go to school from 3 pm to 6 pm.

In the immortal words of Abbott: "I'm a baaaaad boy."

And to anyone from my hall that would care to ask:

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Good for you, R.F.!!!

We're proud of you!

GGG

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

good for you RF.

I finished my associates in May. I will probably take am taking this semester off and then in January start taking some more classes to finish a transfer associates so I can complete a bachelors. But taking my sweet time now. No more 18 credit semesters for me.

One thing...since you took those classes 5 years ago, double check the degree requirements...some colleges/universities require that all the degree requirements be met within a certain time frame or you are required to take them again. (not to rain on your parade ... I am proud of you...I just dont want you caught off guard when it comes graduation time and the enrollment center says, "ummmm, sorry RF, but these classes are from too long ago, you'll need to retake them". ) Other thing, in certain degree programs the degree requirements themselves change over time. Most institutions allow you to continue on the program that was current at the time you started, others require you to meet current degree requirements.

Since you are not starting until January you have time to check all that out if you havent already done so.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "better educated than the average window washer" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit