JW Trivial Persuit -- The Game

by V 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

What year did Jesus come to his temple and throw out pyramidology, food from demons?

I had a bunch of strange ones typed but the computer said I had an error!

This is such a fun group of people!

I have

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

TD- Thanks for the answers. I'll still buy the game.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Pyramidology was not thrown out until later in the 1920s. In fact, I think Russell's pyramid was set up in 1918 or 1919.

• V
    V

Who was the first presidient of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society?

W. H. Conley

• V
    V

When did the WTS change its teaching that serpents had legs until the Edenic curse of Gen 3:14?

pochap.5p.59pars.15-16God’s"EternalPurpose"inHisAnointedOneIsFormed***

"And Jehovah God proceeded to say to the serpent: ‘Because you have done this thing, you are the cursed one out of all the domestic animals and out of all the wild beasts of the field. Upon your belly you will go and dust is what you will eat all the days of your life. And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.’"—Genesis 3:14, 15, NW;Leeser;Zunz.

This was not a curse upon the whole serpent family. Seemingly God’s words were addressed to that one literal serpent, but He knew that it had only been victimized to serve as an instrument of a superhuman, invisible spirit person, one who had hitherto been an obedient heavenly son of God. This one had also let himself be drawn out and enticed by a desire of a selfish kind. It was a desire for sovereignty over mankind, independent of Jehovah’s universal sovereignty. This desire he had let take root in his heart and had cultivated it, till it became fertile and produced transgression, rebellion against the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. This spirit transgressor then made himself a liar, slanderer or Devil and a resister or Satan, right there at the Paradise of Pleasure.

w 64 6/1 p.352 Questions From Readers***

Did the serpent lose legs or feet as means of movement as a result of the divine curse recorded at Genesis 3:14?

At Genesis 3:14 we are told: "And Jehovah God proceeded to say to the serpent: ‘Because you have done this thing, you are the cursed one out of all the domestic animals and out of all the wild beasts of the field. Upon your belly you will go and dust is what you will eat all the days of your life.’" This is the only place in the Bible where any indication is given that the serpent did not at one time travel on its belly.

What is said here is, of course, directed principally to the invisible spirit creature who used the literal serpent as his mouthpiece. It foretells his debasement. But for the symbolic application of this judgment upon the wicked spirit creature who became Satan to have any force there must be a fulfillment of it in the literal serpent, which has come to symbolize Satan. It, therefore, is reasonable to conclude that before God cursed it the serpent possessed legs that elevated it above the ground. As he had the power to create the serpent in the first place, God had the power to transform its body so that it ceased to have legs and was able to move about on its belly.

• V
    V

On what holiday did Charles Taze Russel die?

Halloween, October 31, 1916

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit