JW Trivial Persuit -- The Game

by V 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V

I am collecting good trivia questions for a Jehovah's Witness version of Trivial Persuit. I am particularly interested in trivia that pertains to the "unknown" history and practices of the organisation.

Examples:

• What image is printed on the cover of the Studies in the Scriptures series?
    • Who was the only member of the Governing Body to be disfellowshipped?
    • What year was the "faithful prophets of old" confidently expected to return to Beth Sarim?

Trivia questioning curious Biblical topics also welcome. Example:

• Of the 46 kings of Isreal and/or Judah, how many were considered apostate sometime during their reign?

Thanks for your contributions!

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

this is great.

although I have no contributions :(

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

• In what year did the Watchtower society change it's baptismal vows to include membership in the organization as tied to salvation?
    • How many different years has the organization claimed marked the 'end of the Gentile Times'?
    • What sort of monument graces the gravesite of Charles T Russell, and why was this appropriate?
    • For what years did he Watchtower claim that the 'superior authorities' of Romans 13 were Jesus and Jehovah?
    • What book, and published in what year, began the widespread organizational anticipation of the year 1975?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

• In what year, did several high officials of the Watchtower, including Fred Franz, insist in court in Scotland, that the Watchtower expected it's adherants to believe all that it taught, even if such teaching made them a 'false prophet', on pain of disfellowshipping?
    • For how many years did the Watchtower hide it's spiritual fornication with the UN? What lies did they use to cover it up?
    • If one was disfellowshipped for 'fornication', based on the WTS's definition in 1978, later when said definition changed, were they subsequently reinstated?
    • What two members of the Governing Body were expelled from that body quietly amid speculation of homosexual activity?

Jeff

• FlipThis
    FlipThis
    What two members of the Governing Body were expelled from that body quietly amid speculation of homosexual activity?

??

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Leo Greenlees and Ewart Chitty.

Jeff

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I would love an edition of that game! Have you decided on the categories? like Dates, Publications, Doctrines, Meetings, Scandals, etc...

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Such a game would be absolutely amazing. Imagine the folks gathered at a get-together and then you pull out this edition and educate them in the space of an hour or two!

Here’s a thought – how about a match the real reason for a change in procedure – kind of like multiple choice:

Eg. implementation of donation arrangement was due to: – optional answers:

(a) greater appreciation of Scriptural admonition “you received free, give free”; or

(b) need to collect taxes on “donations” required by law - following Society’s failed amicus brief re: Swaggert(?) or whomever it was, can’t remember now;

Or:

Society morphing into 16 or 18 (can’t remember how many now) legal entities was due to:

(a) necessity of hiding assets behind multiple corporations, especially in light of upcoming and multiplying pedophile lawsuits; or

(b) freeing up the FDS to more fully concentrate on feeding the sheep rather than be concerned with ….whatever the spin they put on it was…

Anyhow, maybe you’ll have to call it Persuit instead of Pursuit due to copyright issues but your idea is GRRRRRRRRRREAT!

• V
    V

Thanks for all your replies. I would want all Q&A verifiable. Please keep adding ideas.

Final format will be cards only--use with real Trivial Persuit board and pieces, or as a casual mind-opener...

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Leo Greenlees and Ewart Chitty."

But were they really DFed or just removed from the GB? I think they carried on as JWs until they died in one or other KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit