JW Trivial Persuit -- The Game

by V 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

"How do you spell 'pursuit'?"

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Okay, TD and others: can you please provide us with the answers? Many of your questions piqued my interest and I would like to know the answers.

Here are some more questions:

-Which of the following is condemned by the Watchtower Society: Weddings, Wedding Anniversaries, Birhtdays, Birthday Anniversaries?

-With what group of people do the gospels indicate that Jesus spent the most time conversing: Tax collectors, Harlots, Kings, Apostate Samarians?

-God is love and he therefore has done which of the following: Routinely healed babies born with severe birth defects or authorized the killing of a group of children for making fun of a bald man?

(The answer in each case is the final option.)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What's the average profit made from a District Convention?

• changeling
    changeling

Shepherd: if they give you the answers you won't buy the game. LOL

V: I think this is the coolest idea. I love Trivial Pursuit! And this one could serve as an easy reference for WT inconsistencies.

changeling

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Changling-

Good point. Rest assured though, if such a game did become available, I would still purchase it, even if I already knew the answer to every question (this would help assure my winning the game)!

• V
    V

PURSUIT indeed

Thank you for your comments. Contribution for medical trivia from my inbox:

http://jwinfo.8m.com/brochures/brochure%20medical%20teachings.doc

• TD
    TD

I agree with some of the comments. If V's game is only for ex and never JW's, then the questions can be as coarse as you like. (Actually that would probably be the primary entertainment value of the game.) But if the game is to help JW friends and relatives think, then the, "Name two GB members who were child grabbing scum-bag perverts" type of questions wouldn't work.

Okay, TD and others: can you please provide us with the answers? Many of your questions piqued my interest and I would like to know the answers.

In what year did the Society stop publishing Russell's books as Millennial Dawn and start publishing them as Studies In the Scriptures?

Answer: 1904 --Millennial Dawn editions (Usually Green w/Silver lettering) are quite valuable today

Which binding was Studies In the Scriptures not published under?

a. Lamp on Book

b. Rainbow

c. Winged Globe

d. Box

Answer: B Lamp on Book, Winged Globe and Boxed Editions are all common bindings you can find these books in today. "Rainbow" is a term sometimes given to the Rutherford era books collectively because of their varied bright colors.

What two names was the magazine now known as Awake! previously published as?

Answer: "The Golden Age" and "Consolation"

Today, what is the rarest version of the book, The Divine Plan of the Ages?

Answer: The Divine Plan of the Ages as Shown in the Great Pyramid (1915 - The orginal book plus Edgar's pyramid nonsense) is generally considered to be the rarest varient of this book today. However on the spine, this book is titled "The Plan of the Ages and The Great Pyramid" and on the title page it reads "The Divine Plan of the Ages with the corresponding testimony of The Great Pyramid" so several answers would be correct here.

Besides a magazine by that title, the term "Golden Age" was a reference to what?

Answer: The millennium

Only four issues of The Watchtower were published under the title, The Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Kingdom. In what year did this occur?

Answer: January and February of 1939. Prior to this the magazine was The Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence and afterwards, it was The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom

The Society was forced to remove pages from one of their books during WWI. Name the book.

Answer: The Finished Mystery (1917)

What was the last book to teach that the ancient worthies would be resurrected prior to Armagedden?

Answer: The New World (1942)

Which of the following was not a color for a JW songbook?

a. Green

b. Pink

c. Tan

d. Red

e Purple

Answer: None of the above. These have all been colors of JW songbooks

Kingdom Service Songbook (1944) was Red w/Gold lettering

Songs to Jehovah's Praise (1950) was Green w/Tan lettering

Singing and Accompanying Yourselves with Music in Your Hearts (1966) Pink w/Gold lettering in deluxe vinyl, Violet (Purple) w/Blue lettering in paperback

Sing Praises to Jehovah (1984) Tan w/Gold lettering

Name at least one JW publication that depicted the serpent in Eden with legs.

Answer: The Truth Shall Make You Free (1943)

What book later came to be known as the, "Fat Boy"?

Answer: The 1960 Student Edition of the New World Translation. This was all six volumes with notes and cross references stitched together --Twice as thick as a normal NWT

One JW publication is remembered today for repeatedly showing a bare breasted Eve. Name the publication

Answer: The Truth Shall Make You Free (1943)

The JW publication Let God Be True was published in a Green and a Red edition. Besides the color, what is the main difference between these two editions?

Answer: Scriptural quotes in the green (1946) edition were from the AV. These were replaced with quotes from the newly released NWT for the red (1952) edition

What JW publication featured the fictional characters, John, Tom, Lois and Maria?

Answer: Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose (1959)

What JW publication featured the fictional characters, Eunice Rogers and John Alden?

Answer: Children (1941)

What was the original color for the JW publication Make Sure of All Things?

Answer: Brown

Name at least one JW publication written by an "Apostate."

Answer: Commentary On The Letter of James The author, Edward Dunlap was later disfellowshipped for apostasy and expelled from Bethel by special 5 man judicial committee

How many times have the JW's presented a commentary on all or part of the Bible?

Answer: Only once (See answer above)

What was the last book authored by Fredrick Franz?

Answer: God's Kingdom of 1000 Years Has Approached (1973)

What JW publication actually advocated the use of force in self defense?

Answer: Enemies (1937)

How many separate volumes was the New World Translation released in?

Answer: Six

Name at least one JW publication that teaches the Annular theory.

Answer: Creation (1927)

• loosie
    loosie

How are decisions made by the governing body in bethel?

a) With the intervention of holt sprit.

b) a roll of the dice

c) by a majority vote

d) by playing rock paper scissors

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

What year did Jesus come to his temple and throw out pyramidology, food from demons?

I had a bunch of strange ones typed but the computer said I had an error!

This is such a fun group of people!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

What year did Jesus come to his temple and throw out pyramidology, food from demons?

I had a bunch of strange ones typed but the computer said I had an error!

This is such a fun group of people!

I

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit