favorite movie lines

by bigdreaux 112 Replies latest social entertainment

• Open mind
    Open mind

Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall in "somethings gotta give":

Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

• loosie
    loosie

Bruce Almighty - Bruce Nolan " Well my little anal dwelling butt monkey friend it's time for you to go home"

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.
    If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable. And all children are happy and beloved. I don't know. Maybe it was Utah.
    I would sell my grandmother for a drink - and you know how I love my grandmother.
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

1. Shawshank Redemption
    2. Raising Arizona (?)
    3. Philadephia Story
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Nobody move or the ni**er gets it!" -Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles, pointing a gun to his own head.

Or... how about a bit earlier, when he gets up on the platform and says...

"Excuse me while I whip this out."

Or even earlier when the cowboys are sitting around the campfire eating supper...

*cowboy raises up one side* *fart sound*

*neighing horse*

"More beans, Mr. Taggart?"

Oh heck! Just about the whole movie is filled with cliches and lines! Too funny!

Here is a link to a review... http://www.filmsite.org/blaz.html

Regards,

Jim TX

• Caedes
    Caedes

Withnail 'Are you the farmer?' (Addressed to man in cloth cap sat in a tractor in a muddy field in the countryside)

I 'Stop saying that, of course he's the f*cking farmer'

Uncle Monty 'Come here boy, I mean to have you even if it must be burglery'

Withnail 'Soup? Why didn't I get any soup?'

I 'It's not soup, It's coffee'

W 'Well, why can't you drink it out of a cup like any other human being?'

I 'Why can't you wash up like any other human being?'

W 'How dare you? How dare you call ME inhumane?'

I 'I didn't, you merely imagined it'

Withnail 'Imagine the size of the f*cker's balls!'

Withnail 'I must have some booze!' ...spots bottle of lighter fluid and bites off top

I 'You can't drink that, it's worse than meths, even the w*nkers on the street don't drink that'

W 'Balls, this is a far superior drink, the w*nkers on the streets don't drink it because they can't afford it'

I '...'

W downs bottle of lighter fluid '... got any more?'

I 'no'

W 'Liar! What's in your toolbox? You've got anti-freeze!'

All fom Withnail and I and all quoted from memory (apologies for any small errors) how sad is that? Even sadder is that I could probably quote all of the film from memory!

• Legolas
    Legolas

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." - Morpheus

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Cher in Moonstruck after slapping Nicolas Cage: "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Karen "Trixie"

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

From The Player:

Detective Susan Avery (Whoopi Goldberg): Mr. Mill, have you been going to detective school?

Griffin Mill: No, actually, we're doing a... a movie right now, called Lonely Room, and Scott Glenn plays a detective much like yourself.

Detective Susan Avery: Is he a black woman?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Pulp Fiction

Jules Winnfield:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit