Did You See Brothers Use Politics to Reach Out For M/S or Elder Positions?

by flipper 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Ever heard of Nepotism? Yes, I was working very hard for appointment as an Elder and the PO's son in law, who was starting a business and missed alot of meetings but who was also an MS, get's appointed as an elder. That sucked, I work hard, really hard. I was the kind of guy that always made myself available for whatever needed attending to, working my ass off, and another guy gets appointed because he's the PO's son in law? Tough to beat a sytem like that. So I quite.

BP

• flipper
    flipper

BLACK PEARL- Hello my friend. First of all love your avatar. Wife and I are big Johnny Depp fans. Anyway, I know exactly what you mean. I've seen many a dumb a$$ son or son in law of an elder get appointed just because of blood relations. Especially if you lived in a town where there were lots of relatives close together living in the area, trying to break through as someone moving into the area as a new brother reaching out was next to impossible. First cousin Jed or uncle John or Everett would always have the first pick of either a servants position, or just being used in the congregation. I remember feeling so inadequate when first moving into a new area, and people staring at you when going to your first meeting at a new hall. Then 6 months later a brother coming up saying, " Oh are you new? Haven' t had the chance to meet or talk with you. Yeah , right." That was in spite of me being outgoing. Got tired of that scene

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

You definitely have to be part of the congregation's Inner Clique before you can expect any chance of being appointed.
    Being a "pioneer" gives you almost guaranteed entry to that clique, as does being the son or son-in-law of an elder.
    Without either of those advantages, though, entry is strictly limited by who you know.

The first time I was appointed an MS, it was without even trying:
    - I was a Regular Pioneer, and thus very much in the good books of the Body of Elders.

The second time around took a bloody long time to come about:
    - as groveling to others never came easily to me!

Jack.

• JK666
    JK666

The brown never came off of some of their noses! JK

• flipper
    flipper

REEFTON JACK- Just that word "clique" makes me cringe. I tried when a witness to look at people or have takes on people one by one. I was always more interested in one on one conversations with people as opposed to impressing a group by talking to appease the "clique". Perhaps that's why I was not in any "cliques". Yes it was always who you knew that got you appointed, not what you knew, or even your humble attitude. Pioneers did get all the perks!

JK666- I agree JK they'll never be able to wash the brown off I believe! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit