A QUESTION 4 CHRISTAINS???

by MR. BORN AGAIN 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

After finding out the "truth" about the LIE, including all the wasted time, all the pain and the hurt, all of the disfunction that you are left to deal with...when do you forgive? Maybe you were hurt out of ignorance and maybe they do know that it's all BS, but when do you 4give and pray for them?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Why forgive? Really, why? Why forgive them for their decades of lies, for their murderous blood policies, for their anti family shunning practices. Why forgive them for all the hurt, misery and pain they have inflicted?

Forgiveness is not always a good thing.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

God forgives people get revenge.

And reading Gods book, I'm not convinced his forgiveness is very high quality. Ask the people who died in the flood, or the people the Isaralites slaughtered in his name.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I would definitely blame the Governing Body as the most reprehensible, of the R&F many are dupes that got taken in just as we were in the past, the best way to take revenge is to damage the WTS interests by revealing their real nature and history to prevent new victims and get out as many of those that are in as possible.

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

Thank you for your comments.

• Mazzie Brossmann
    Mazzie Brossmann

You forgive when you want to heal and move on. It is fairly freeing. This doesn't mean it goes away or you change your mind about them, but who the hell wants to walk around angry all the time?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

This is based on my own experience of dealing with past abuse, it may help you:

First (this may sound odd, even absurd) you may need to forgive YOURSELF first - for feeling bad about being suckered and putting up with all the crap and the wasted time and energy.

Forgiving others for what they've done to you doesn't mean forgetting it happened, nor does it mean absolving them of their responsibility - if steps can be taken to pursue justice, they should be - be that legal cases or confronting the perpetrators with their actions - you're throwing the ball of guilt back to them, if they refuse to admit their wrongdoings, the ball stays with them. This may be part of the healing process for you.

It's more about you choosing to let it go and move forward with your life rather than continually dwelling on it and letting the feelings/emotions that causes to affect your life any more.

All the best on your healing journey.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Mr. Born Again,

The reason you forgive them is for YOU. Harboring bitterness & anger can eat away at your soul, and before you know it, you've turned into a cynical, sour, unpleasant person. You need to release all those ill-feelings; give it all to God. He can heal your hurts, your fears, your depression. He can "make all things new again".

Blessings to you,

Lavendar

• Mum
    Mum

I agree with sad emo. You only hurt yourself by not letting it go. It's easier said than done, though.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I really don't have any anger or hard feelings about all the crap I believed. It was just part of my life and I have a lot of good memories with my family while there. After we are dead it won't matter anyway so I just keep doing whatever I feel like doing as long as it doesn't hurt someone else. I wasn't shunned or anything like that so it didn't affect me as it has many others.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit