A QUESTION 4 CHRISTAINS???

by MR. BORN AGAIN 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

As a christian I am required to forgive people, but I dont think that Jesus said to forgive lying, devil inspired organizations.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think that in order to forgive someone, that have to admit they wronged you. after they do this, and apologize,i feel your almost under obligation to do so. but, as long as they continue in their course, and have my families lives, i will never forget or forgive.

• parakeet
    parakeet

One does not have to be a Christian to forgive others. I (a non-Christian) have forgiven my parents for dragging me into the JW cult when I was a child, but they (the "Christians") have never forgiven me for leaving.

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

Again, thanks for all your honest comments. Please understand, I really don't view exposing truth or debating an issue as revenge.

• erandir
    erandir

In this case, I'm more into the forget part rather than the forgive. To me personally in this case, forgiving is to say that I condone the WTBTS. I'd rather just forget it all.

Editted to add: And yet I cannot forget.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I want to forgive for my own benefit. If I hold onto bitterness, it is only going to ruin my own quality of life - not theirs. I think that if I am able to forgive and let go of my anger, it may wind up helping other Witnesses even more. If I meet Witnesses later on in my life; and they see that I am not this "bitter apostate" that they think we all are; they may be more inclined to listen.

The act of forgiveness does not mean that I will ever aprove of the organization, it just means that I will have freed myself from the anger. I have no illusions that the organization will somehow reform or make the needed changes. They simply don't have the desire. The organization is like the nation of Israel in Jeremiah's day. It's never going to change by it's own volition. The leadership are so infatuated with their own title of "Faithful Slave", and with the organization concept, that they do not feel any accountability to anyone. They are like those in Paul's day; who he refered to as "those who want to believe in the lie".

• poppers
    poppers

I think Arthur has it just about right.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Some of you have been hurt more then other ,I know how hard it is to forgive and to forget. It well make you sick, You can not be happy when you hold bitterness and anger, it well eat away at you.You are giving in to them and they win. Don't let them win . Yes you well remember the hurt, But you got to let it go, to save your self.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace. Sincerely.

It might help by realizing that at one point you were "one of them"... as was I... and that you believed what they still believe and no one could persuade you from it... until you were "ready". It might help to be grateful that you are no longer "one of them"... that you are no longer [as] blind [as you once were]... praise Jah! It might help to have a bit of pity for them, and their children, that they are still enslaved and still in darkness... although they think they see (but you know better).

Those of us who have left that "false prophet" behind... for whatever reason... have reason to REJOICE... if not for the reason that we have found the Christ... or, rather, been found by the Christ... for the reason that we are no longer part of a lie... and particularly one that misleads millions, even, if possible, the chosen ones... and cheats widows out of their households.

That I am no longer a part of that... but I have ones I love that are... makes me feel pain for them. Greatly. But I do not want any of them to receive retribution. Rather, I want them to GET it... and get OUT.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

MR. BORN AGAIN,

when do you 4give and pray for them?

Let them pray for themselves.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest