We just moved house...

by winnie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13
    Hosting an apostafest anytime soon?

haha that made me laugh, i think that is a brilliant idea and MAKE SURE you have a big banner announcing it. If your short of work, offer to do their lawn lol.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    lmao, i'd knock on the door and invite them to a BBQ.

I second that!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hey Winnie, i'm in a similar position, i'd just d'ad when i heard my jw next door neighbour was moving and i was soo relieved - til a jw family of 3 moved in!Its amazing how they will sometimes wait just inside their door til i have gone past and will try their hardest to avoid being seen by me lol!I alsoo have to put up with all my old 'friends' and hubbys family calling on them for coffee, strangely enough they don't ring my bell, i did enjoy putting up big xmas signs out the front garden and seeing my bro in law staring at it!I'm thinking of putting up an 'i love satan' poster too, but think hubby might freak at that lol!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

You Need some SMURFS!

Hang them from them from the trees, put them on your window sills facing their place.

Halloween is comming up soon, make sure you go all out and have a monster party at your place.

• KW13
    KW13
    Hey Winnie, i'm in a similar position, i'd just d'ad when i heard my jw next door neighbour was moving and i was soo relieved - til a jw family of 3 moved in!Its amazing how they will sometimes wait just inside their door til i have gone past and will try their hardest to avoid being seen by me lol!I alsoo have to put up with all my old 'friends' and hubbys family calling on them for coffee, strangely enough they don't ring my bell, i did enjoy putting up big xmas signs out the front garden and seeing my bro in law staring at it!I'm thinking of putting up an 'i love satan' poster too, but think hubby might freak at that lol!

its kinda crazy isnt it...

• winnie
    winnie

We did xmas last year in other house but my hubby was cautious and woudn't let me decorate in case it caused upset with family.

I now say...bugger it!!!

I'm putting lights up, and might even go so far as a santa display out front lawn. The kids are going to love it. The great thing is, everyone else is changing their lives to avoid us, but not succeeding! It's great that we are so in their face without changing our lives one bit. I keep wanting to 'bump' into them when I'm out doing the garden, but so far they won't give me the chance to 'engage' in conversation!

With 5 kids birthdays, xmas, easter, halloween, they are going to hate it.

And while they are soooo quiet, (and go to bed early, early, early), my lot don't have quiet in their vocabulary!

As for an apostafest...Nahhh. We annoy them enough just by breathing!!!

But my husband has made passing comments about a blackboard out the front with a relevant scripture daily. Kind of like a daily text. What do you think???

• Gopher
    Gopher
    a blackboard out the front with a relevant scripture daily. Kind of like a daily text.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

• erandir
    erandir
    LMAO, Time to get some really loud wind chimes and a whole bunch of demonic looking lawn gnomes.

LOL...that is hilarious. I didn't know witnesses had anything against wind chimes. We've had 2 sets for years. One near each door. Oh well. If anyone said anything about it, I'd just mention that it's about as ridiculous as banning wedding rings. Same level of pagan influence. Then I'd say "What, we don't ban wedding rings? Huh. How 'bout that." And then look thoughtfully at the wind chime and shrug it off.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I would wash my car when I know they are home, playing songs like Highway to Hell, It's My Life, etc., crank it up!

• eclipse
    eclipse

I'd stay outside as much as possible . Have some fun with it, you can drive them crazy!!

nj

All of the other ideas were also hilariuos! Stay out, enjoy the weather and act as if you dont know that they are insane! Wave and smile to them every chance you get! lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit