If you were the GB, what would you do to prevent to coming demise of JWs?

by jwfacts 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KW13
    KW13

If i ever found myself in a position of power within the Organization i'd close it down.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

The solution is easy. Reverse the self-important theocratic nonsense and go back to democratically elected elders. It would only be a matter of time until all the pompous asses would be given the heave ho and women would assume many of those positions. Local congregations would more accurately reflect their particular demographic and you would add the one thing the WTS lacks. Spice. Its 2007, not 1907.

Edited to add: most current organizational models taught in Business Schools reflect the times and show a more decentralized, bottom up way of thinking. Involve the line level employees and give them a role in creating policy and practice. Common sense says that the more involved they R&F are, the better they will feel and their output will be greater. Maslow's needs chart is taught in management courses, because eveyone (other than the WTS) realizes that people respond better when their leaders aren't dictators.

• Mary
    Mary

I would make the following changes:

1. Apologize for the whole pedophile problem and pay the victims accordingly
    2. Apologize to Ray Franz, Barbara Anderson and the others who were DF'd for having a conscience and give them a settlement
    3. Get rid of Disfellowshipping in all but extreme matters, like pedophilia (ironically, one of the things that they don't seem to DF anyone for)
    4. Make celebrating birthdays and all holidays "conscience matters"
    5. Get rid of the WT study, the Book Study and have a one hour meeting on Wednesday nights where they teach you how to do Public speaking (one of the very few things we all learned that was actually of benefit).
    6. De-emphasize door to door preaching, and replace it with charity work like visiting the sick, the elderly, people living in shelters, and opening Soup Kitchens. I'd also open places where Witnesses could bring clothing they don't use any more (or where it doesn't fit anymore), and where it could be distributed to the needy for free.
    7. Encourage Witnesses to get a good education
    8. Quit being so bloody chauvanistic towards women
    9. Publically declare that anyone beating their mates or children will be DF'd and reported to the authorities
    10. Stop being so bloody negative towards all other religions.
    11. Get rid some of the most ridiculous doctrines they presently have, like Jesus returning in 1914, the F&DS being appointed in 1919, the first resurrection happening in 1918, that only those baptized before 1935 can go to heaven, that Jesus is Michael the Archangel.

Of course, if you did all this, you'd destroy the very fabric of the Society altogether. It exists soley because it has 6 million people convinced of the "us vs. them" mentality. If these changes were made, it would be a good thing, but like the Worldwide Church of God, you'd lose a shit load of members in the process----those who just can't bear the idea of 'change', no matter how much the present policies are hurting people.

• KW13
    KW13

Of course, if you did all this, you'd destroy the very fabric of the Society altogether. It exists soley because it has 6 million people convinced of the "us vs. them" mentality. If these changes were made, it would be a good thing, but like the Worldwide Church of God, you'd lose a shit load of members in the process----those who just can't bear the idea of 'change', no matter how much the present policies are hurting people.

and you'd get off-shoots of the Witnesses, people carrying on the doctrines etc that originally were.

• fresia
    fresia

JWfacts said...

In 50 years the whole 1914 thing will simply be an embarrasing irrelevance, so for the religion to even exist in 2057 will take some major doctrinal changes.

What makes you honestly think that this system is going to last another 50 yrs, the decay of humanity the environment the corruptness, the cruelty and ungodliness, the mental health crisis the cancers and shall I go on, this will be the demis of the planet before the witnesses.

I think they JW are far more on top of things than you give credit to. Youre just interested in there demis and laughably they are the only ones pointing to the end of this system in line with what Jesus taught.

I would rather say the demis of the leadership or GB by Jesus ousting the evil slave, but not the demis of JW in general.

• KW13
    KW13

In 50 years the whole 1914 thing will simply be an embarrasing irrelevance, so for the religion to even exist in 2057 will take some major doctrinal changes.

What makes you honestly think that this system is going to last another 50 yrs, the decay of humanity the environment the corruptness, the cruelty and ungodliness, the mental health crisis the cancers and shall I go on, this will be the demis of the planet before the witnesses.

I think they JW are far more on top of things than you give credit to. Youre just interested in there demis and laughably they are the only ones pointing to the end of this system in line with what Jesus taught.

I would rather say the demis of the leadership or GB by Jesus ousting the evil slave, but not the demis of JW in general.

Jesus also said 'many will come saying i am he, the end is near' but do not follow them.

• nvrgnbk
  • lawrence
    lawrence

KW13 - agreed fully - shut down the place. As Jesus said, one can't put new wine in old wine skins. The WTS rots, and can't be patched back together. Their days are done!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Fresia, you have spent too many years being indoctrinated by a dishonest religion that focus' only on negatives. We are living in the best time in all history. People live twice as long as they did just 100 years ago, despite all the cancers etc that you allude to. If you are interested in a more realistic outlook see http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/lastdays.htm

Jesus second coming has been waited for for 2000 years. Is there any reason apart from wishful thinking that you believe you just happen to be born in the generation that he will return? If he does return now, that is very welcome, but worship of God should be based on love, not desire of any reward. Planning for your future would be a far wiser choice.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Mary, it is time for you to start your own religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit