A call to HQ about the settlement

by parlay 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• parlay
    parlay

I called HQ under this guise: I am an interested person who has two JW's
    visiting me periodically. I think they are very nice people and we have good conversations,
    but recently something disturbed me. I was suprised that they had no knowledge of the recent 
    lawsuit settlements and actually denied it was true. Showing them the newspaper article 
    didn't move them. I would think they would want to contact the newspaper demanding a retraction.
     I'm calling to confirm whether it is 
    true, and if so why those going from door to door haven't been informed.
    The brother on the line said it was true, there had been settlements and he couldn't tell me 
    why the decision was made to 
    not inform all JW's as to the lawsuit. He just worked in the office and could only 
    say that anyone that had questions about it could call as I did.
    I asked him if he understood that from my perspective as an outsider it appeared 
    they were hiding bad news about themselves, which I found odd because in their
    literature they are very vocal about other religions pedophile problems. It also made me wonder
    what else they might not be telling about themselves. I also asked him why they would choose 
    to allow their members to remain uninformed and therefore lose credibility with those
    they speak to at the door. He said they spoke about other religions pedophile problems in
    the context of it being just one of many things that showed they were false. I said don't 
    you think it would be better to prove them false without mentioning things that you are 
    also guilty of? To talk about others while keeping quiet about yourself appears hypocritical to
    me. 

I told him I needed to know if my donations were going towards making more literature

or lawsuit settlements, because if it was the latter I could not take the magazines any longer.

He said I didn't have to donate but I should definitely read the magazines. I asked why, when 

as I read, I will have to weigh what is being said against what is not being said.
    I could hear the discouragement in his voice, as he commended my sincerity and told me that 
    he recieved many calls like mine and that I raised some very good points, he was sorry he
    could not tell me why the decision was made to not make the settlement known to all JWs. 
    He told me I could have the JWs that visited me call as I had for more information.
    It sounded as if our conversation had deflated him, I kinda felt sorry for him. 
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Poor guy.

He might be waking up.

Very nicely done, parlay.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

OK, so at least one of you out there sees the benefit of calling the society, under some guise, as activism. Someone out there please explain to me why I have not gotten thunderous response to my past posts about callng the society as activism.

• parlay
    parlay

Telling a JW that you called Brooklyn while they are in the midst of denying the facts, stops them dead in their tracks.

Then you just hand them the number and walk away.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...just playing, Shawn!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Someone out there please explain to me why I have not gotten thunderous response to my past posts about callng the society as activism.

People are complicated.

Don't give up.

You're having a positive effect.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

For some reason the right side of Parlay's post is cut off and doesnt show on my screen, does anyone know the reason why?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow! That was awesome!!

I wish I could do that & keep my composure. They do need those calls like that to the headquarters for sure. I might try to copy it and practice it my own words tho of course.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

That is great!!! btw, what is the #?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I like that he's been getting "lots of calls about that issue." Sadly, I think the lion's share of those calls are probably from mean 'ole 'poztates.

Anybody who calls them out on their BS deserves a thanks. I'm not interested in wasting my time with those hosers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit