new e-mail from my mom

by Heather 29 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

It's kind of sad to hear of parents treating their own off-spring this way. However, let's face it: Some mothers - and, okay, some fathers too - are hard-faced so-and-so's regardless of the presence or absence of a religious faith.

But I suppose if a mother is this way anyway, the stifling judgementalism of the JW influence would give her that extra off-putting edge. Is there a scripture anywhere on this kind of parental behaviour?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

My favorite Bible verse is this one:

"the gecko, the monitor lizard, the wall lizard, the skink and the chameleon." - Lev 11:30 NIV

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How about a 'random combination'? Like;

So, Isaiah 5:2. If that is so, then 1 Chronicles 9:8 applies too. If I may be so bold, then Matt 2:13 and Revelation 5:8, together with Psalms 55:23 make the application of Proverbs 22:22 plain as the nose on your face. Of course the final word is in Judith 10:9 and 1st Maccabees 2:9 [apocrypha, which I accept of course now]. I cannot make it any clearer than that, Mom.

Jeff

• JeffT
    JeffT

From Ephesians 3 (NIV)

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family [ a ] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Although the other Jeff's idea is pretty good.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I was so depressed I could hardly move, until I read these emails. Jeff - you made me laugh! As for these Jw moms, look at who their heavenly father is - someone who demands that people kill their own children to prove they love him.

so I think these guys are right - don't take it seriously, screw with her mind a little bit if you want, or just tell her in plain English "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I can't say anything after the stunt my mom pulled, so here is a giant cyber hug, try not to let it get to you! ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

nj

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

Matthew 7:12 or Luke 6:31 or possibly "42" .

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Heather,

(((HUGS)))!!! I am sorry.

In reply I would send her an e-mail that only says this: 2 Timothy 1:7.

(it says, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.")

That will get her thinking about what she sent YOU!

Hang in there!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• loosie
    loosie

Make her wonder...send this reply

1 Samuel 18:25

'The king wants no other price for the bride than a hundred Philistine foreskins, to take revenge on his enemies.'

• Es
    Es

Its lovely isnt it NOT.

LOL @ Steve2 I would so send that scripture back to your mum.

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit