I REALLY DON'T CARE...............................

by Warlock 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Of course. Is that perhaps because you had the answers all along and didn't learn anything from what either of us wrote?

F/D

You still don't get it.

I suppose I expect too much from some people.

The fact that "the usual suspects", to borrow a phrase from Abaddon, showed up, taught me alot.

Warlock

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    You still don't get it.

I suppose I expect too much from some people.

The fact that "the usual suspects", to borrow a phrase from Abaddon, showed up, taught me alot.

Oh well. All I could do was try.

• BFD
    BFD

You really do care, warlock. That's what makes you so special.

I have not read this thread and honestly for the most part I stay away from the I am right, NO, I am right threads.

I have no degree and I have not spent a lot of time with my nose in books either. Until recently I believed there was a god that wanted me dead. I never prayed to him because I thought it was pointless. No regrets, so I lived my life there was no tomorrow. All of a sudden my "faith" was shattered. Now, I'm 47 years old and realize, HOLY CRAP, there is a tomorrow.

Just because I lost faith in one god does not mean that I have to find another one. I am free from god for now. The point is, I don't care.

When I go to Sunday Dinner at my brother's home, before dinner we all join hands and they say like three prayers. Thier god is catholic. Anyway, I don't care. Respectfully, I participate with a couple of amens. What's the big deal? I don't care.

I am at the point now where I know what I don't believe. The journey is dicovering what I do believe.

BFD

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hear that?

No?

It's the response of an absent(probably non-existent) God.

• Warlock
    Warlock

You really do care, warlock. That's what makes you so special.

I have not read this thread and honestly for the most part I stay away from the I am right, NO, I am right threads.

I have no degree and I have not spent a lot of time with my nose in books either. Until recently I believed there was a god that wanted me dead. I never prayed to him because I thought it was pointless. No regrets, so I lived my life there was no tomorrow. All of a sudden my "faith" was shattered. Now, I'm 47 years old and realize, HOLY CRAP, there is a tomorrow.

Just because I lost faith in one god does not mean that I have to find another one. I am free from god for now. The point is, I don't care.

When I go to Sunday Dinner at my brother's home, before dinner we all join hands and they say like three prayers. Thier god is catholic. Anyway, I don't care. Respectfully, I participate with a couple of amens. What's the big deal? I don't care.

I am at the point now where I know what I don't believe. The journey is dicovering what I do believe.

BFD

BFD,

You seem to have said it better than I did.

True, I care about PEOPLE. I don't care about what they choose to believe anymore, just like you stated.

I did my time in the Org. (sounds like prison), and anyone can believe anything they want.

My main point was, I don't have the need to go around "saving" people from their beliefs. Pray to a rock if you want. Worship yourself if you want. Worship nothing if you choose.

Warlock

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello RAF,

Sorry to tell you that "undoubtedly" and "experience therefore must always bow to universal evidence" is fallacious here ... Paranormal is paranormal ... that's why it's called this way.

They are not fallacious arguments RAF. What I am trying to show is that the reaction of a brain under the influence of an religious experience is biologically identical despite the claims to a differing belief. Therefore the 'experience' cannot be trusted as it is chemically - bodily induced.

You claimed earlier that your 'experience' of a God, regardless of whether it is a conceptual believe or not, proved to you the correctness of your belief. This is not 'universal evidence' it is personal 'experience' and therefore is of no value in determining issues of non-belief.

The paranormal is not something that is veriable by universal evidence. The paranormal is a description of something abstract, not a reality. It therefore falls in to the area of personal experience, which where these matters are concerned has been proved to be a matter of chemical over mind. That is a verifable, scientifically measurable fact. Outside of this, no universal evidence has been verified to lead one to believe that 'experience' of God is anything but of human origins.

Then (unless you've really read me) you have to realise that my spiritual view one the matter of God is not religious but conceptual.

Yes, I understand this, but this does not change what I have noted above. You are as entitled to your opinions as I am to my facts. ;)

Cheers - HS

• BFD
    BFD

blah, blah blah.

Thank you, warlock.

BFD

• RAF
    RAF

HS

Please pay attention to not miss interpretating what I'm saying

You claimed earlier that your 'experience' of a God, regardless of whether it is a conceptual believe or not, proved to you the correctness of your belief.

I didn't say my experience of God (but : my experiences in some matter) ... I didn't say anything about correctness of my belief (but : my reason to lead to some conclusion - which does not mean correctness)

This is not 'universal evidence' it is personal 'experience' and therefore is of no value in determining issues of belief.

Exactly (except my experiences)

The paranormal is a description of something abstract, not a reality

No it's something real which happens and that we don't know much about ...

You are as entitled to your opinions as I am to my facts. ;)

I'll credit that on your sense of (gasp - ok lets say) humor?

Cheers

• BFD
    BFD

blabla

• Twitch
    Twitch
    "NO one can say for sure whether god does or does not exist, we all agree to that at the moment - it's just that the TOTAL LACK of evidence makes it reasonable to assume there is no god. At some point a god may decide to reveal itsself. Until then it's a moot point."

Well said Seeker

moot = open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful

This is essentially why I consider the god problem as unknown and therefore classify myself as agnostic. Lack of evidence at the scene of the "crime" does not mean someone didn't do it.

I like the fact the phrasing makes the point without need for insult as I see so much of around here ie believers are mentally ill/deficient/delusional in some way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit