I REALLY DON'T CARE...............................

by Warlock 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Thanks Warlock! I really do appreciate that!

I think one of the most frustrating things about this is that I would LOVE to believe in a God. I tried desperately all while I was a dub and the guilt over not being able to ate me up. A Southern Baptist couple who came to speak at a Comparative Religions class I took and I asked them what they would say to someone who has earnestly and honestly looked for God, for any kind of Higher Being, and was unable to find a connection. Their response was that obviously the person didn't really want to find God because otherwise they would have. Once more, it's the individuals fault, not God who is failing to connect.

I suppose I could be considered an agnostic because quite simply, if that is how God is, ignoring people who are genuine and heartfelt in their desire to find something bigger than themselves, then why would I want to worship him/her/it/them. Conversely in light of the scientific evidence, it makes far more sense to me that there is no God.

brunn (ducking and hiding from the "invite God into your heart" messages)

• ferret
    ferret

Thanks Warlock I agree with you whole heartedly. I really hate it when someone comes on here an knocks somebody else's beliefs. What makes them an authority that anyone should believe them and their way of thinking.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    So I guess we need to be careful not to tyrannise others or be tyrannised ourselves.

Quiet,

This is a very good point.

Some who may have interesting views, refuse to start threads because they fear being tyrannised and/or ridiculed.

I say the only way to get over that fear, is to start them anyway and see what happens.

Warlock

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

The crux is that no-one really knows what the future holds. All is guesswork and supposition.

Everyone's views and opinions should be respected.

Open debate is healthy.

The practice of shunning just because someone has a different belief is cruel and divisive.

Most if not all of the exJWs on this board are being shunned by family and ex"friends". I would respectfully suggest that is the reason why there is so much anger on this board.

People are precious. Beliefs are not.

• jaredg
    jaredg

i've pretty much accepted that i'm agnostic. i mean all the scientific evidence supports the atheist view, but for some reason however illogical it is, i feel the need to believe that there is a higher power.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Some who may have interesting views, refuse to start threads because they fear being tyrannised and/or ridiculed.

Some of the most valuable input is from those that fear speaking out. When I realized this, and also recognized it in myself, my way of conversation and listening totally changed.

purps

• Twitch
    Twitch

Good post Warlock. I was thinking of this today and how much discussion is held on the subject here, which is completely understandable. As was said, debate is healthy and necessary for growth but it kinda makes me sad that some still need to prove how right they are to the point of insult and that not much has changed since being a witness in this regard IMO. I was there and have nothing to prove to anyone anymore. Just tending my own garden.

Personally, I am more on the atheist side of agnostic and don't give a rat's ass if anyone agrees or not.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good topic Warlock and great replies which many could learn from.

I've also been thinking about the same things lately too.

I fall into the 'not starting threads' category, many times I've wanted to post replies too but didn't. I have had quite a few things I'd have liked to put out there but I just think what's the point? More so when I'm in low mood and I just haven't the energy or inclination to put up with ridicule. I don't weave my words as eloquently as some others do and just end up being made to look/sound stupid - and that ain't nice, I've only just recovered from that type of abuse in my childhood. I don't need it. Sorry for the rant :-(

• tula
    tula

do any of you think you would have had different views now if you had not been exposed to wbts? I mean, have you let wbts dis-color your spirituality? Do you think you are throwing out the baby with the bathwater? Do you think you've gone 180 because of the disappointment and anger? Do you think you would have been more likely to believe in a loving God if you had been around a group of hugging baptists or spiritual group that was family oriented?

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I never really DID believe. I tried hard, twisted myself up in knots trying, but I don't think it would have mattered HOW I was brought up. I think the only reason I believed as long as I did was the WTS brainwashing. *shrug* Don't know, don't care to be honest. I'm not willing to relinquish authority or responsibility for my decisions, my actions or my choices to anyone else, not a husband, not the dubs, not the government, not even a god.

brunn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit