I REALLY DON'T CARE...............................

by Warlock 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Warlock
    Warlock

I believe in God, but I also realize he may not exist.

If you DON'T believe in God, I REALLY DON'T CARE, I'm just curious.

I don't have this need to start threads like "Why you MUST believe in God", or other such nonsense, but some of you still have this "control" issue that you thought you left in the Org. It seems like you must still try to control what others think. "Think like me, or you are an idiot." "Think like me, or you are being deceived". Sounds like a JW.

Why do some of you non-believers have this starving need to tell others why they should not believe in God?

Are you trying to convince yourselves?

Why do you STILL have this need to preach?

Do you miss the door-to-door work?

How can you honestly say you left a group of "close-minded" people, and now YOU have an "open-mind"?

You may have left the Org., but has it TRULY left you?

Like I said, I'm just curious.

Warlock

• choosing life
    choosing life

I just mostly skip those threads. The angry persuasion turns me off as much as someone telling me they are a prophet and God has chosen them to preach to the rest of us.

I hope you really don't care, Warlock, because I think you are going to hear from them.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I don't know about the whole trying to persuade other people side of it. But I know that I personally get tired of the assaults on my ethics and morals because I don't believe in God, or the unspoken but unmistakable sense of pity or condescension from theists who feel "sorry" for me because I'm so misguided. Maybe it's an over the top response to it, I don't know. I try to be respectful of other people's beliefs. That was one of the things that prompted my exodus from the dubs, but honestly, I genuinely don't always feel that respect back from some of the theists on the board. I do get it from a lot of them and I really appreciate those people with whom I can have an honest dialogue, not debate (thank you Gary Buss!)

brunn

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Hmm, you know I think this is really a matter of atheist/agnostics outnumbering theist or those that still believe in God (and if they don't, then its an issue of them just being more vocal about their feelings) on the board and I guess for some, in lashing out at the Watchtower religion, they may not know that they are lashing out at others who still hold a Judeo-Christian belief system or any system that believes in any God. I know that myself I am slowing sliding into atheism and at times lash out at the beliefs of the JWs or Christianity maybe because is been shoved down my throat so much and at times feel burned by it.

With myself, being a person coming from such a high mind control group, its sometimes easier to toss all of the beliefs away and dismiss them as phony and being gay its really easy to feel... uncomfortable about beliefs that don't fit/damn me, so if I ever have said or will say things that diss the WT or God in general, that's where it comes from. But I don't think people are stupid or crazy for believing in God- and I don't think most here do.

Its just that we've been burned and need to lash out about it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I personally am an antitheist (that is, one who believes that God is a horribly wicked tyrant). But, I am willing to accept that everyone who posts on this board has different beliefs. Until I can come up with objective proof that God does not exist or that He is nothing more than an almighty liar, swindler, or tyrant, or anyone can objectively prove that He is almighty loving and benevolent, there will be differences in opinion.

There are, likewise, countless paradigms and alternate thinking patterns out there. Indeed, a few will choose the Watchtower Society, despite the documented damage they have caused and the tightening up that is even now being documented. Others will become Christians--some Catholic, some Protestant. Still others will become Jewish or Islam, or join an Eastern religion. And there will be some that become Devil worshipers, agnostic, or atheist. A few will not care.

The important thing is to think on your own. Do independent research. Look at more than one source, and make sure that you don't stick with sources that the same organization is putting out. Only in that way can you come to a belief system that is right for you. And you should be prepared to abandon a belief without guilt or shame should it turn out blatantly wrong after further research. When in doubt, do some more research. And, you should blatantly disobey that Tower admonition to stick with Watchtower sources when investigating the Bible, the New World Translation, or Watchtower doctrine. Also, if you feel like getting higher education, you should get all the college you want, need, and can afford. There is nothing wrong with getting a Ph.D. if it will serve your purposes, including materialism. After all, D.E.A.D. is better than S.T.A.G.N.A.N.T.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think there is a certain level of superiority expressed on both sides. Theists feel morally superior for having some sort of belief system, atheists feel intellectually superior for not believing in something they can't prove exsists on a scientific level. I'm with you, though. People should feel free to believe whatever they want to believe without being judged for it. I personally believe there is a higher power in the universe than humans, but I certainly understand why others do not.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi Warlock personally i disbelieve in God more than i believe (if that makes sense) but i would never say to someone that believes that they've got it wrong or that they have to believe what i think, we are all individuals and have the right to believe in what we want, lots of people take great comfort in drawing close to God and it is something i quite often wish i had. I don't think its right when people try to say the other side are wrong, no one really knows for sure and trying to force views onto someone else smacks too much of control and watchtowerism to me. I tend to avoid those sort of threads to be honest, seeing the argument go back and forth bores and annoys me especially when it gets heated. Personally when i think about it i think that something must have created us when you look at us and the beauty around us etc but i think whatever it was has either died or abandoned us, but lots of people will think that sounds daft as well i am sure lol!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi warlock welcome back -

I think its the way us humans are wired (for want of a better way of putting it). We bring our own ideas to fruition by putting them into practice and/or we bring them to fruition by getting others to put them into practice. So I guess we need to be careful not to tyrannise others or be tyrannised ourselves.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I've never really seen a fundamental agnostic before...

But I agree. Many atheists just trade their belief in God for one of disbelief and continue to preach.

The "heathens" have changed, but the tactics have not.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I don't know about the whole trying to persuade other people side of it. But I know that I personally get tired of the assaults on my ethics and morals because I don't believe in God, or the unspoken but unmistakable sense of pity or condescension from theists who feel "sorry" for me because I'm so misguided. Maybe it's an over the top response to it, I don't know. I try to be respectful of other people's beliefs. That was one of the things that prompted my exodus from the dubs, but honestly, I genuinely don't always feel that respect back from some of the theists on the board. I do get it from a lot of them and I really appreciate those people with whom I can have an honest dialogue, not debate (thank you Gary Buss!)

brunn

Brunn,

I give you my respect right here, right now.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit