I JUST FOUND OUT.......!!!!!!

by Es 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I would love to be able to pick the phone up and tell my folks.

es

Dear ES,

Could you send them a little card with a family photo and the "good news" inside? If not..maybe one day..don't give up hope. You never know what may get them to wake up. Till then consider us "family"..we will share your happiness!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Es
    Es

Heya Lady Lib- Im sure Mike will tell them next time he speaks to them or maybe he wont he is of the mind that they dont deserve to know our business. But the word will get around evenutally.... I dont know I just wanted to be able to tell my mum Im pregnant again.

es

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Congrats :)

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I remember your daughter was born right around the time my son was born. You are going to be so busy!! Congrats...

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

WOW, you guys are so dangerously fertile. CONGRATULATONS!!! Another little booger.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Think about how little you lose from telling your folks the great news. True in a phone call they can tell you that they'd rather not hear from you, blah blah blah... but with an sms you can just share your joy and not risk hearing what they have to say about it.

"Hi Mum, guess what, we're pregnant again!! YAY!!!!"

... or something. If they hear it from somebody else they'll complain that you didn't tell them. If they hear it from you they'll complain that you spoke to them, so either way they're going to have a problem. Here's the thing; telling your parents that you're pregnant is the PERFECTLY NORMAL thing to do, and keeping it from them because you're following their rules is the SADLY MISGUIDED thing to do. We all hope that one day in the distant future start they start treating us normally. It starts with accepting nothing less than normal behaviour, and by not letting their rules get in the way of our life.

Write a few drafts out, and think it over?

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hey Es its a tricky one with your parents isn't it, why can't it all be normal?! Hubby wasn't going to tell his mother but i said he should as she'd be hurt if she found out via someone else, and i knew that they'd say i put him up to it(obviously as the d'ad one everything's my fault!), but as you know from my post the other day, when he told her the reaction he got made us wish we hadn't bothered. If you decide to tell them, it may be easier to text them or email them, that way you can feel good about yourself but you won't have to put up with any 'comments' they may make. It really upset me mil telling hubbs she wouldn't be coming round to see ours. Her loss though definately not ours! You don't have to let them know yet anyway , i was 10 wks when hubby told her, she just finished by saying she has to respect her beliefs, funny how they don't respect ours though! Hope your'e not feeling too yukky today!

• Es
    Es

Thanks again everybody,

Unbeliever- how is your son doing, Kaia is crawling around and getting into everything its driving me nuts heheh

Sassmyfrass- we are dangerously fertile arent we hehehe I told Mike he has to get the snip heheh

dobbie- not to bad today only minor nauseous waiting for the real thing to kick in any day now

es

• delilah
    delilah

Weeee.......congratulations Es......have a wonderful pregnancy hon. Hope you are feeling great?!

• penny2
    penny2

Hi Es, how exciting!! Congratulations!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit