WHY BARB DID WHAT SHE DID.

by seven006 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Dave,

I actually was influenced by you long before I ever heard of Barbara Anderson. Your writings about your visit to the Bethel art department had a huge affect on me, and even before that I remember cutting out an article about you that I found in some national magazine, that mentioned you were a JW. I have had friends in the art department at Bethel since I was a teenager.

Barbara and I got to know each other through e-mails and phone conversations. We had many mutual friends at Bethel and in the traveling work. From what she wrote me about them, I knew I could trust her. What she wrote about people I had known since I was a teenager rang quite true and accurate. I knew I was dealing with someone like myself, someone who had totally committed to the WTS and JW view, but who had come to see it for what it really was.

I very reluctantly withdrew from the Witnesses. Much of my family - a wife, a daughter, my mother, my in-laws whom I had come to love more than my own flesh and blood - all of them would remain in the WTS organization. I knew I was going to lose a huge amount of my life. But, I had no choice. I had to go, no matter what the cost.

People like you and Barbara have faced the same issues, and dozens of other old friends here on JWD and the old H2O.

I don't feel vindictive as much as I feel the need to just get the truth out there, and hope that more folks wake up. This is a fine post, and thanks for creating it. You're a good man, and a talented man. Barbara is a terrific woman, and I know she feels your post really represents her for what she is.

S4

• myself
    myself

Well done Dave!

Barbara, I know you worked extremely hard on this. Many thanks to you and to Joe! You both have made some sacrifices in order to help others.

Karla

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks, Dave.

Thanks, Barbara.

Thanks, Joe.

Good people. Just doing what's right.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Good to hear that there are some out there that want to spread the truth without being vindictive.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Dave,

As usual, so well put.

Dismembered

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

I'm really out of the loop! what CD and I'd love to see the art work...

• Sparkplug
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Having met Barb a few years ago I have to concur that there's not a vindictive bone in her body. She's astute and intelligent, which makes for a dangerous combination with the knowlege she has of the internal workings of the WTS. I, for one, am really pleased that she's making available the information she has in such an appropriate manner.

Go Barb! And great to see you've not curled yer toes up yet, Dave. The scotch makes all the difference

• Open mind
    Open mind

seven006:

Barbara does not seem (to me) to at all be a vindictive person who’s main objective is to get revenge

and

she has set back and let all of us voice our own thoughts on the subject She, in fact, has left for a relaxing and well deserved vacation.

Hmmmm. Sounds vaguely similar to a certain Ray Franz I've heard about round these parts.

Living well (and Watchtower free) is the best revenge.

Really nice to see you posting when you can Dave. I too was touched by your Bethel story.

Open Mind

• greendawn
    greendawn

What she did was commendable she exposed the suppression of child abuse in the org by the WTS and she paid for it by getting shunned by her daughter in law and her own son who being the loyal elder basically accused his mother of lying about the pedophile situation among the JWs.

She obviously did it to prevent or minimise future abuse victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit