Not allowed to sleep over - is that weird?

by collegegirl21 75 Replies latest social relationships

• Sassy
    Sassy

this is that same guy who doesn't think you coming to California is such a good idea right?

I've had controlling men in my life.. trust me.. he is one.

• Heather
    Heather

Since you have had a chance to meet his ex-wife. Have you had a chance to hear her sid eof the story as to why they divorced. Might give you some insight into the man.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I can't get that scene from Ace Ventura of Jim Carrey in tears crouched in the shower out of my mind for some reason.. your dude sounds like a weird bastard. And I doubt he's really into you much to be honest. That's probably a really good thing because he sounds like a weird bastard.

I say boot this Ace Ventura wanna-be to the ditch and find someone that can stand sleeping in the same bed next to you, and can handle a few germs. It's not that much to ask.

GBL

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I love the way guys just cut right to the the chase!

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I don't know where to begin with letting go. What if I'm not strong enough? I don't feel strong enough and I definitely feel like I am co-dependent.

Cog - I have been looking at the questions you gave me. I made little sticky notes with them around my desk here at work so I can think about them while I'm here. I hope it helps!

• Sassy
    Sassy

co dependency is not healthy..

• R.F.
    R.F.
    I don't know where to begin with letting go. What if I'm not strong enough? I don't feel strong enough and I definitely feel like I am co-dependent.

As i've already talked to you about, grow to the point where you aren't co-dependant can be very liberating and refreshing. I struggled with this when it came to the decision I made about my relationship. One thing I believe that every person absolutely MUST do is to learn to be happy with themselves, alone. That will make it even better for relationships.

• RAF
    RAF

RF : every person absolutely MUST do is to learn to be happy with themselves, alone. That will make it even better for relationships.

it's all about that I guess that you have no idea how good it is to stand on your own feet (what if he dissapears?) ... you need to explore the feeling of freedom and at least confidence ...

Also, nothing worse (in a relationship) than someone who always complain and feel insecure (it's like saying I need more every second - it's more than tiring - you think about it even before every time you meet the one who feels insecure - it's just an awfull feeling that you have a job and can't really enjoy the relationship - so in fact it becomes scary and not as valuable as it could be).

To be honest what I feel is that neither you and him are ready for a healthy relationship ...

You need to know why you are not confident in yourself to be able to put an end to a not healthy relationship? maybe you can see a shrink about that? (good investement - it's about all your life).

but you know what? Everything is in the hability to shut down your fears ... but to do that you need to know what is the most important for you (and even if it sounds selfish - it is you - why? because you can't really love anyone if you don't love yourself enough). it's a question of balance.

You don't have to be perfect, even the most ugly and limited girl can be loved by most people and find the best man ever, just because she is glowing and not scared because she does not fear to be herself.

I wish you'll get that quick

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

it sounds weird to me

• RAF
    RAF

you know what? try to stay away for at least 2 or 3 months (you have a good excuse - you'r over with his bullshit)

and have fun without him as much as you can (cool it's the summer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit