S4

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Make that four!!

S4

• Mum
    Mum

LOL at Para!

I like Groucho, too! Here's my favorite Groucho quotation: " I would never join a club that would accept me as a member."

Here's a favorite from Sophie Tucker because I know it to be true:

"From the ages of 18 to 35, a woman needs good looks; from 35 to 55, she needs a good personality; after 55, she needs good cash."

Regards,

SandraC

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

To be satisfied with a little, is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
    Akhenaton

• JK666
    JK666

"You are what you is,

You is what you am,

You ain't what your not,

A cow don't make ham."

- Frank Zappa

• compound complex
    compound complex

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility
    against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

- Thomas Jefferson

Men never do evil so completely and so cheerfully
    as when they do it from religious conviction.

- Blaise Pascal

• snowbird
    snowbird

"I reiterate this statement because it is of grave importance." Nathaniel Lewis, 7th grade physical science teacher.

Snowbird

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

"if it wasn't for the truth, I know she would be a lesbian, I mean she has short hair, drives a truck and looks like a man" (my mom about a sister in her hall)

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

You cannot find peace by avoiding life. - A line from the movie 'The Hours'

“…before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up. It’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one ‘dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.’

Every search begins with beginner’s luck. And every search ends with the victor’s being severely tested.”

from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

also...

"Dawn seemed to follow midnight with indecent haste." from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling. I just like the way it's written and it so often seems to apply ;)

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit