What are your Favorite Quotes

by LearningToFly 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

"It is not our purpose to become each other, it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is" Hermann Hesse

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Mahatma Ghandi

"There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life" Federico Fellini

"If we all worked on the assumption that was is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance" Orville Wright

"Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms" Kahlil Gibran

"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair" Kahlil Gibran

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin

"May I never get too busy with my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion" Thomas Jefferson

"Well behaved women rarely make history" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key" unknown

• RAF
    RAF

"Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms" Kahlil Gibran

Sorry don't have any to propose more over in English ... but I like this one ...
    since whatever we act in and react to have something to do with what we are

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Hell is the state of not loving" in other words hell is presented as a mental state that can occur here on earth and not a place outside the earth.

The discovery of a single blue swan would destroy the hypothesis that there are no blue swans in the world"

• BFD
    BFD

Just a few...

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return" Christian, from the movie Moulin Rouge

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; if there be one, he must more approve of the homeage of reason than that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson in a letter to his nephew

"It will not do to investigate the subject of religion too closely, as it is apt to lead to infidelity" Abraham Lincoln

"My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I have no reason for thinking I shall ever change them" Abraham Lincoln

BFD

• RAF
    RAF

BDF : "Question with boldness even the existence of God; if there be one, he must more approve of the homeage of reason than that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson in a letter to his nephew

Oooooh I like this one too !!!

• coaster
    coaster

" I had rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

coaster

• Seeker4
  • Seeker4
  • Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" - Groucho Marx

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life" Federico Fellini. Yo, Fredrico, your dead. I'd call that an end!!

My favorite quotes tend to be a bit more earthy and not quite so Hallmark moments, as in:
    "How to Overthrow the System: brew your own beer; kick in your Tee Vee; kill your own beef; build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." Edward Abbey

S4 - Oops, sorry about those too blank posts. Not sure how that happened!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit