Singles Clubs

by AudeSapere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Have any of you ever joined a Singles Club?

I've recently moved and don't know anyone in the new area. A friend suggested that this may be a way to better matriculate and start building a social network.

It's pretty pricey but my birthday is next week and I'm considering making this my present to myself this year.

Any suggestions? Any experiences?

-Denise.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

no experience but just a warning, beware, you might start a man stampede if you join cuz you're such a sweetheart!

hugs

• Mum
    Mum

Can you join a club that costs less but is likely to attract singles? A lot of singles are not so young, and they show up in these clubs, too. I went to a singles group with a religious focus for a while. I must say that most of the people I met there simply were not likely to fit in or be accepted some place else. Based on my experience, I would say you might run the risk of meeting a lot of people who are desperate, lacking in social skills, with multiple divorces or broken relationships, or with other problems.

Can you have a couple of free visits before paying out your hard-earned money to see if you think this group would be appropriate for you? It might be a great group, but err on the side of caution.

Best wishes whatever you decide,

SandraC

• Dagney
    Dagney

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. A gal who searched me out from Classmates.com told me about moving to Arizona and joining a singles club and she met her husband there.

Where do you find them?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Candidly wrote: you might start a man stampede ...

One can only hope!! Thanks for the compliment. (Didn't recognize you without your emu on!)

Mum - I'm not so young myself so I'm looking for people to do things with who are in their 40's and 50's (or so). I was a little concerned about the social mis-fit issue. Not sure if they offer a trial membership or not.

Dagney - A friend near my old home is considering joining a club called: Athletic Singles. They are in the Southern California area. They have about 15 events each week on their calendar for everything from wine tasting or movie night to kyaking or African Safari.

I don't really want to dish out too much money but I also don't want to be spending so much time alone, either.

Anyone else have experience or suggestions?

-Denise.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi Denise!

I'm in the So Cal area. Right now I would be more into the wine tasting book reading movie going traveling club...LOL. Not very athletic ATM.

• jaredg
    jaredg

i've heard some good tings about the "strictly platonic" section of craigslist. you can always try that first and its free.

• thepackage
    thepackage

My B-Day is also next week!!!!! It will be the first time in 17 years I celebrate.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    a way to better matriculate

Sounds kinky!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    a way to better matriculate
    Sounds kinky!

If you do it right, it is. Dagney - Yeah. I'm not at all into the 'athletic' part of it but on their website they list a ton of activities. Some hiking, concerts, BBQs sound fun. Once my knee heals, maybe a little tennis. Jaredg - Oh yeah!! How did I forget that? I will check out Craigslist tonight. The Package - Happy (early) Birthday!!! I've wanted to call you but keep going thru LA at such weird hours - mostly pretty late at night. (9 - 11pm). Can you make it to PEC's BBQ this weekend??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit