Did You REALLY Believe?

by Eh 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the interesting thing is that of course no one ever actually asked me if I believed. I thought I believed, but I realized after fading away from the org., one day it hit me - I never did believe. That's why I found it so difficult to pray, there was no point in it because there was no god. I never did believe - loved the feeling I had when I realized that. Of course, now my idea of prayer has changed quite a lot, and even though I just plain don't believe in religion, doctrine, god, jesus, or any of the rest of it, I sometimes practice meditation, which is like prayer.

• Miss Bliss
    Miss Bliss

For me I would call it religious auto pilot.

I wanted to believe....I said I believed and went through all the motions to convey that effect.

I never believed.

Welcome to the board!

~Miss Bliss

• Orgull
    Orgull

Yes, I really believed.

I was raised 'in the truth'. It only just occurred to me to question my beliefs about two years ago. Now here I am, not sure what to believe.

Argh.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Did you REALLY believe? How do you know?

I was a witnoid before 75, thats when aremegedon came, but noone noticed. I thought 73,74, 75 that I should be selling magazines and books spreading the good news of the kingdom, warning people to get in the are, the kingdumb hall.

I lived my life in accord with those beliefs I pushed wactower litterature and didnt go to school. My bank account then and now is how I know.

I really believed back then but not enough to make it happen.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I believed.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes I REALLY believed.

Even though a couple of times I had to convince myself all over again with their wacky ridiculous dogma, I was convinced the brotherhood was real. That part was really good for me, until I left.

I took my ministry serious, not that I bought into the notion full times service was a ticket to salvation. But I strived to share the "good news" (NOT!) with someone every day, and had a pretty "fruitful" ministry. Gladly, one of my students is on our page but still calls me her "spiritual mom."

But oh yeah...I believed...as crazy as that stuff sounded. I mean really...the "Babylon" book?

• simplesally
    simplesally

I converted to JW's, yes I believed and it's hard now going to another church, trying to believe or think differently. I have some solid reasons for believing and solid reasons for not believing in some of their teachings, but I do still believe in God.

• blondie
    blondie

I truly believed for too long. I sanitized the lack of love by being assured that not everyone who went to the KH would survive Armageddon.......

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit