Atheists, Agnostics: Do you still pray?

by Eh 33 Replies latest jw friends

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

this reminds me

one of the first things that happened to me post JW was things I really needed just sometimes happened, no prayer, no thought about asking anyone for it... I needed it and before I did anything about it --poof! it happened... and not just once.

car needs repairs- pre-approved credit card arrives in the mail.

it occurred to me that atheists and all other people on earth get their wishes granted at times whether they pray or not... those who pray just thank whom ever they prayed to while the atheists just call it luck, etc.

I have never run across any religion that did not believe in the power of prayer, which means that enough wishes are granted to everyone to keep it possible while most prayers fall into the god said NO or WAIT catagories.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

No; that's the point.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I have never run across any religion that did not believe in the power of prayer, which means that enough wishes are granted to everyone to keep it possible while most prayers fall into the god said NO or WAIT catagories.

Nicely put.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I'm from a religion where prayer is always in the form of a person banging their heads against a wall and scratching fingernails on a chalkboard. I figure I want to hedge my bets, so I just keep banging my head against the wall. I figure it can't hurt any, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit