Earthlings(Animal Cruelty)

by frankiespeakin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity's absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and ... scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called "non-human providers." The film is narrated by Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix (GLADIATOR) and features music by the critically acclaimed platinum artist Moby.

I had a hard time watching it to the end.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1282796533661048967&q=Earthlings&total=682&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

• Tara
    Tara

I got as far as the gas chambers then I couldn't watch it anymore. Sad.

• Tara
    Tara

PS. Happy Birthday, Frankiespeakin!

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sorry, I can't watch that. The only time I cry in movies is if dog dies. I appreciate your sentiments, I share them, but I can't bring myself to watch.

changeling

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

People are much too cruel to animals. That's something that needs to change.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I hardly watch cruelty to animals on the "Animal Planet" I have nightmares if I do.

So I will pass on this one to.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I just watched approximately 17 minutes and shrieked as the live dog, about the size of one of mine was thrown into a garbage truck. He stayed and watched trustingly as the big scoop came over him.

I am going to have nightmares. I cannot get that picture out of my head.

The human race in general stinks.

I could not watch further.

r.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I watched it to the end. In one swoop, I messed myself up with the subject matter real well. Rodeos, circuses, any dinner I ever liked, half my shoes, any furniture I ever wanted, I have some thinking to do. Hell even if these things are cruelty free, I saw so much death, I think my mind went into shock. Truly I did a number on my head this morning.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I'm downloading it through emule. Let you know what I think after it downloads.

Dave

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm glad to see so many have concern for our fellow earthlings, even though they look and act different than ourselves. I felt it was important to myself to watch it all the way to the end even though I cried thru most of it. I feel as a human race our consciousness needs to change if we and our fellow earthlings will survive.

I don't put much hope in politics to bring about a better world but feel human awareness is the real key, when our awareness reaches a critical mass then I feel change will come. Our selfcenterness, and selfishness needs to be transformed from with in, not by legislation, but individually by increased awareness, if it happens to enough of us there is hope IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit