PO was begging for dollars at KN school tonight!

by MinisterAmos 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Threestars
    Threestars

eeeeeek! Bahgdad! haha!

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe they don't want to break into the cash reserves to pay the day to day or monthly expenses. It could be that there has been a negative trend for a couple of months and it scares them. Monthly expenses $2,543, Donations to KH $1900, $ -643 from savings. Still looks good but a negative trend needs reversing.

But they are out of line berating the congregation. I went to a congregation that had no reserves; they were constantly deciding which bill had to be paid first because there was never enough money to pay them all. Got to have electricity and phone service, so they stiffed the WTS instead or at least paid their mortgage late. In congregations sharing a KH, one congregation is designated to pay the mortgage and the other congregations pay that congregation their share, so in many cases, that congregation is the one that is stiffed or has to make up the difference. I remember learning that at one elders meeting the main topic was how much each elder could cough up to pay the past due electric bill and that the electric company was threatening to turn off the juice. They anted up and then had a "special" needs talk about donating. In a congregation of 40 families, only 5 families donated anything over $50 and only 4 over $100. One brother held the congregation hostage to his ideas by bailing them out every four months. He didn't pay anything during those previous 3 months though so it averaged out to what the monthly payers donated. He's the PO now........who says you can't buy your way to the top.

Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Couldn't they use a 'suggested donation' arrangement for each kingdom hall. Meaning that each congregation has a suggested donation price based on the amount of magazines that are ordered. They could mention it in the accounts report as simply a donation to the society for the world wide work, alongside the other expenses the congo is responsible for. Ofcourse this type of concept would probably be an illegal tax evasion.

Do you realize what you did? Highlander, you suggested what they have been secretly doing for years.
    The CO would tell the BOE of congs. that with their literature requests, the 'cost' would have been
    xxx under the fifty-cents-per-mag and three-dollars-per-Bible rule. Your cong. should be giving at
    least xxx. Then you mention the reason it was a secret- tax evasion. They can't do it openly or
    it would be soliciting funds.

I think that after they see the doom of "donations only," they will switch to paying the tax- after they
    move out of Brooklyn (perhaps to off-shore) and after they sell huge amounts of real estate.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't give a xxxx how much they need the money. I couldn't care less if the utilities all got cut off, the building was in foreclosure, and they needed five cents from me to keep the congregation alive. For that nickel, I would just let it die. And hope that they couldn't find alternative means of getting the "sheep" their "food".

I will never give that organization another penny.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Couldn't they use a 'suggested donation' arrangement for each kingdom hall. Meaning that each congregation has a suggested donation price based on the amount of magazines that are ordered.

What OTWO said.

They're already doing this!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I guess they feel they're exempt from paying Ceasar's things to Ceasar. Did I ever mention that I hate those GB bastards?

• moshe
    moshe

Why anybody would give a big donation for being tortured 5 times a week at the KH by the elders is beyond me.

• Mum
    Mum

Bagdad, Kentucky? Are you eligible (or the least bit inclined) to work in Kentucky?

http://www.hometownlocator.com/City/Bagdad-Kentucky.cfm

• sandy
    sandy

Maybe they can cut back on literature orders and only preach from the bible. hmmm there's a thought.

• loosie
    loosie

You could always suggest they have a bake sale. They could line the muffin tins with tracts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit