My Story "this is long, I'm sorry"

by ex-nj-jw 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• restrangled
    restrangled

ex-nj-jw

Loved your story, thanks for telling it.

You were one strong girl to accomplish what you did at that young age!

r.

• eclipse
    eclipse

((((((ex-nj-jw)))))))

Your story had me spell-bound...it was definitely not boring or long!

It was heart-wrenching to read how they treated you...and then your son. I do hope that he can overcome the damage done to him by your parents and move on, despite his challenges of being bi-polar, etc.

You are strong and courageous. You give courage to those who are afraid of leaving. You let them know it can be done!

Thank you for sharing your story, I hope to read more from you...

• why???
    why???

As you know i think your life story is very interesting..i admire your strength of character and determination. I'm also very happy that you are happy...happiness is a gift and we should all savor it whenever we receive it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

{{{{ex-nj-jw}}}}

Thanks.

• Missanna
    Missanna

WHAT??? your mother told him that??? i'm so sorry girl. You've been through some rough times. I want you to know i look up to you. i'm really impressed. it's tough out there and just a little too easy to give in some times but the happier times are after you stand up for yourself and your happiness. i'm glad that you did. Loves!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, ex-nj-jw, what a story! What I like is how you showed the models of lousy parents smacked up right beside good parents. You have an awesome friend, there. Her parents, gems. See how they offered support without coddling you, and helped both you and their daughter mature and grow. Their love was constant. They built in to your lives, never tore down. On the other hand...your mother. What a piece of work.

You and I have much in common with our sons. My son is twenty-eight now, and much more settled. I will pray that your son, as well, will find his sea legs.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Her parents, gems. See how they offered support without coddling you, and helped both you and their daughter mature and grow.

jgnat,

You are 100% right on that one. Her parents were so supportive of us both and when we moved into our own apartment they both came over and told us how proud they were of us. Not only did we stick together and help each other, but we proved ourselves to be responsible.

"S" mom and dad were my surogate parents and I love them dearly!

They taught me how to be a parent to my kids and it shows in the way I treat my kids friends, they call me "ma" and my husband "dad". If they come by and my kids are not there they make themselves at home.

If feels really good to give back and I hope my story will give some young male or female the courage to be their own person. The most important thing is to have a support system in the event your JW parents turn their backs, they want you to fail so that you can run back to them and the org. It doesn't matter if you are happy or not.

• unique1
    unique1

WOW thanks for making my parents who shun their only child, look, well nice!! You poor poor thing. It is so refreshing to see that you rose above it. Kudos to you.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

You've done really well, ex-nj-jw! I am terribly sorry to hear about your son's troubles. I hope he will get better and come around to the fact that you did the best you could, and that you've certainly done better by him than your parents have done. They are very toxic parents. I am glad that you did not over-expose them to the grandparents - an easy mistake to make.

I too found it was a mistake to let my daughter spend time alone with my parents; it often seems that our parents are better grandparents than parents, but their nasty personalities eventually leak out, all over the place, especially when we are not around to circumvent it and protect our kids. I foolishly trusted they would respect my wishes about how to treat my child. Unfortunately, they were incapable of the self-control they so proudly proclaim is their hallmark.

Anyway, congratulations on your successes and happiness. I hope your son will join you in them, one and all, someday!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Enjoyed reading your story. I am sure your parents thought they could continue to control you and you showed them that loving a young adult is not about control. I am sorry your mother didn't show you the love and attention you deserved growing up. It is wonderful what your friend's parents did for both of you.

Your son may still come around. I am glad you restrict the other children from the hell your parents put your 1st son through. I made the same mistake with my 1st son, only the influence was through an aunt and cousins. They never got a chance with the rest of my children.

Enjoy your children, your marriage and the life you've made for yourself. It is the sweetest revenge!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit