My Story "this is long, I'm sorry"

by ex-nj-jw 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Wow!!! You are an amazing woman! I'm happy that you thought for yourself and you are where you are now! Thanks for sharing! You give me hope for myself!

• BFD
    BFD

Richard Cranium sounds like a great man. lol

You are a very strong lady and I appreciate you sharing your story. I have been away from the WT$ for many years too. I will continue to read and post until I feel the need to move on from here. I spent so many years with no one to talk to about my JW past and JWD has been a life line for me.

Thanks again, love. Can't wait to meet you and Richard C.!

BFD

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Richard Cranium sounds like a great man. lol

LOL, I forgot about that He is a great guy and I hope we have a chance to meet very soon.

I forgot who asked, but my relationship with my son right now is horrible, he has bi-polar, drug addiction and has attempted suicide several times. I hope one day he can get a grip on his life and we can have a relationship, I'll be here to help pick up the pieces when he needs me! By the way he's almost 25, so he's no longer a child, if you were wondering.

nj

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you for sharing your "how not to raise a child story". Those of us raised in this org. have sooo many scars!

changeling

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

You are a beautiful person. That comes accross loud and clear. It's a heart breaking story on one hand but triumphant too. Thank you for sharing.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

thanks nj. i'm proud of you for standing up for yourself.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

thank you for sharing your story..i can't believe that you were so courageous at such a young...and you had such a clear idea of what you wanted to do..nursing school, moving out with our friend..really amazing....i'm sorry that right now you're having problems with your son...what your parents did in telling him is sooooooooo wrong on so many levels....they completely underminded you...i hope things go better with him in the future...

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

sorry about all the errors..i'm so tired............

• free2think
    free2think

NJ, I just wanted to say well done for standing up for yourself and for being so strong.

(((((hugs)))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm gonna say this one last thing then stop, because you are probably tired of reading about "me".

At some point I got soft and started allowing my son to stay over night with my parents. If there is one thing I could change it would be this. Their influence on him has had terrible consequences for my now adult son. They filled his little head with all sorts of bad thing about my husband and I, told him that he was gonna die because of us, and the straw that broke the camel's back was when mom told him that my husband was not his dad.........

nj

I dont find your story tiring, I do find it hard to read how screwed up we really were as JW's
    But I am happy to read your in happy marriage .
    It is amazing that the LOVE shown by the WT is total HATE,,,, May God Bless you & I hope the son that is gone from the family sees the light someday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit