Why don't Witnesses indentify themselves at the door when in service?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

Usually because they don't want the door shut in their face. It is a definate conversation stopper in most cases. I do think that they should identify themselves to a child or just excuse themselves.

When I ran into minors, I always asked for the parents. If they were not home, I might give a tract and then leave. I always thought that I wouldn't want someone talking to my children without my permission and treated them the same way.

• Lotus65
    Lotus65

the best thing about this though is that at the convention this year those in the ministry were instructed to say im here to offer u the watchtower: proclaiming the news of jehovahs kingdom so if people really are so on edge about JW's they will automatically destroy themselves at the door

• blondie
    blondie

Actually in this day and age, I would not want my child opening the door to strangers whether I was home or not. Too easy to snatch the child.

I have a job now where I sometimes have to call people at home during the day...people who are off work due to injuries. I sometimes get a child who will innocently tell me they are home alone.............!!!!!! I tell them never to tell a stranger on the phone that mom and dad aren't home. Just say, "My parents can't come to the phone right now, can I take a message." The best thing would be to get caller ID and instructions not to answer calls from people they don't recognize. Let it go into the answering machine.

While out in door to door, I have been with jws that don't want anyone to be home, and would count it a good morning if they never talked to anyone. These are the ones that would never identify themselves as a jw. It is a conversation stopper. It was always amazing to me how many people would say they had never seen the WT or talked with a jw, the response to which/whom the WTS says is the basis of God's judgment of the eternal existence............

Now if I could only get all the non-jws I know retrained that I am no longer associated with jws or the WTS.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit