For the men:

by changeling 74 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Can anyone tell me why it is acceptable in dubdom world to have a moustache but not a beard?

• becca1
    becca1

Yet another control issue.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Beards were one of the things that allowed me to see the Watchtower Corporation is full of BS, for obvious reasons and philosophical meanderings.

You are damn straight I grew a full beard as soon as I left, in fact I stopped shaving the last week before I left, I love beards and have wanted to grow one since the age of 15 or so.

I have let it grow out full beard several times, it looks alright considering I'm only 20. Right now I have an Egyptian style goat, very long and thin.

(Sorry I'm a pogonophile, so I just have to make sure I let everyone know. A goatee refers only to the hair on the chin grown alone. When you combine it with a stache but they don't connect that is called a Van Dyke. If the stache and goatee connect, it is called a circle beard :D )

• becca1
    becca1

Men have it really easy. Grow facial hair and show the WT where you stand (yet it's not a DFing offense so they're safe). What can women do that's on the same level?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    By the way I love all you fuzzy faced guys!

Me, too!

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

becca1--I once streaked my hair with a deep purple (I have light brown hair). Not much they could do about it...I even went out in service like that.

• becca1
    becca1

Cool! Call me changeling.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Show more skin! :D

• Mincan
    Mincan
    What can women do that's on the same level?

Show more skin! :D

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was growing a beard even while a JW and no one seemed to mind it, how the JWs react to beards I think depends on the country or the region. In some cultures the beard is seen as a sign of spirituality eg the Orthodox priests and monks all have beards as a sign of sanctity as was also the case with the Jews.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit