Looking for recommended reads

by lrkr 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• lrkr
    lrkr

I have read ISOCF and CoC. Shocking, disturbing and twisted. What's next??? What do you all recommend for deprogramming. (I'm already reading Harry Potter- so don't say that)

• nvrgnbk
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

After reading those two books I went on to read both 'The Gentile Times Reconsidered' and 'Sign of the Last Days, When?'

I would especially suggest 'Sign of the Last Days, When?'. It really helped me get rid of all the 'end of the world' nonsense that was running through my brain.

'Releasing the Bonds' by Steven Hassan is good as well.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I'm not into 'deprogramming' books. If you just want a great summer read, try 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' - Kahled Hosseini

• John Doe
    John Doe

Try The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. While it's a children's book, it's still one of my favorites and quite philosophical.

• BFD
    BFD

The last "deprograming" book I read was Cof C. I still want to read "Combating Mind ControL" that has been mentioned here, a lot. Also, reccommened to me by a favorite poster of mine, "The Power of Now" by Eckert Tolle. I'll read that one soon.

The last novel I read was "Angels and Demons" and just prior to that I read "The Davinci Code" I just bought "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelly (for 50 cents) and that will be my reading for this fall.

BFD

• changeling
    changeling

Liquidsky: A Thousand Splendid Suns, was heartwrenching! I almost did not finish it!

• Tara
    Tara

I read an awesome book a couple of weeks ago. Tried to start a thread about it, but it was locked and removed. Ozziepost said it was considered spam.

Jehovah Unmasked by Nathaniel J. Merritt

If anyone has read it, I would love to hear what you thought of it.

• lrkr
    lrkr

PS- on the non- witness related book scene- Al Gore's book- The Assault on Reason is great.

I love "The Little Prince", "Angels and Demons" and "DaVinci Code" were excellent. OK sounds like the Hansaan books. I'm just not sure I'm interested in the 1914 books by Johhnson. I got it after reading CoC and ISOCF.

• Heather
    Heather

I recently finished reading "the footprints of god" by Greg Iles ....it a good suspense novel and it has a facinating theory of god in it. It a good novel read with some interesting theories. If your looking for something fictional......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit