Australia

by FreeGirl2006 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rose petal
    rose petal

Yes, bring some rain. I live in South East Queensland and it's supposed to be sub-tropical! We haven't had decent rain for 2 years at least. rose petal

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm in Canberra. There's this rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne (where I used to live). I love them both equally. Sydney is frantic, where Melbourne is homey. That said, the lifestyle factor in Sydney only really kicks in in the inner suburbs - commuters have a miserable time. Traffic and trains suck.

Beautiful harbour though.

• LaniB
    LaniB

I live i Sydney and work in the city centre if I can be of help?

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

There is paperwork to fill out to determine whether I met the accountant qualifications over there. On the surface it appears that I do according to the NIA website. I still have much research to do and yes, I would love to visit to make sure it would be a good fit before taking the final step of actually moving there.

Lani--any information you could provide on rent/mortgage costs, typical utility bills, grocery costs would be useful. I am more a city girl than suburb girl so if I could afford it, I would prefer to live where the action is work and social wise.

I have not thought of Melbourne so maybe I will look at that location too.

Thanks guys! You are the best.

Freegirl

• brinjen
    brinjen

Why not consider Darwin? LOTS of work here, tropical climate, lower cost of living than Sydney....

• ninja
    ninja

dont go to darwin....brinjen is there....the sasquatch of the northern territories

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sasquatch of the Northern Territory, ninja!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sheesh! Bloody tourists!

• ninja
    ninja

soz ya bloody pedant(ess)

• brinjen
    brinjen
    soz ya bloody pedant(ess)

That's betta!

Share this

Google+