Kingdom Melodies - What were we singing

by Amber Rose 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Now you won't get me defending kingdom songs ever - but isn't every man a liar?

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

Remember this line in #91(?):

"Keep in step with PRESENT TRUTH"

No kidding, that is the line. I wish I could say I noticed it, but it was a good friend who pointed it out.

CCS

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Yep! And don't forget to "Keep your EYES on the Prize" ... because you'll never, ever, get to it!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Precious gifts .. our children are

"They are gifts from GOD

He says use the ROD"

Ouch!!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Yep! And don't forget to "Keep your EYES on the Prize" ...

Actaully, that was keep your eyes on the FRIES. And it applies to service breaks.

• changeling
    changeling

The molested bees always made my kids giggle.

changeling

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hey X-NJ: Move ahead, move ahead to maturity...It's the will of our God that we....uh something something ability.... and, don't forget to Stimulate our Brothers.......

• White Dove
    White Dove

White Dove here to help take those pesky kdumb songs out of your minds so you can sleep tonight.

"Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination. And when he's tall he's what we call a dinosaur sensation.

Barney can be your friend too if you just make believe it....."

Sleep well!

Love, Chenoa

• wednesday
    wednesday
    The molested bees

I felt strange singing about bees being molested.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All those songs are designed to put the doctrine in your head to "music" (if you want to call this sxxx music). They serve no other purpose than to do that. And that's what they want everyone listening to: everything else is "bad" in some way or another.

I hated it when they played that damn CD #9 one day. I saw them carrying it naked into the car, and I hoped that they would have dropped it on the ground and had a huge gouge on the label side, ruining the CD. That is the main reason I hated when they started putting the crap on CDs, because at least with tapes there was the hope that the player would eat the tape. I have never heard of a player eating a CD. And, of course when they got the stinker in, it was the most horrible excuse for "music" on the planet. All the while, everyone else in the car group was raving about how the Society was putting out such "beautiful music" in such "critical times". Nothing but the same remixed cat sxxx.

Those Kingdumb Maladies are the only "music" that I will absolutely not listen to. Even church music of religions that I do not believe in, if they are good in artistic value, are OK--I have found that I can listen to that kind of music just for the music itself and not be moved to praise any Lord or other religion. But I can't even say that about Kingdumb Sxxx. That sxxxis simply so poorly executed, and so poorly written, that no one can even enjoy it for the "music". I listen to anything else--rap, heavy metal, disco, soul, rock, funk, and just about anything else that is halfway decent and the Society disapproves of (and my idea of halfway decent means the quality of the music is up to par, not that it is clean--I listen to music no matter how dirty it is if it is well executed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit