Do you get joy out of doing your own yard work?

by restrangled 26 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

The heat index here in Orlando is currently 105 degrees, but being the bull dog type I am, insist on mowing in this heat. It will take me another 2 days to trim out, and get any stray stuff done like brown palm fronds etc. This is my 3rd break on the first day, my face is bright red and am sweating like someone in a gym.

I find great joy in a beautiful lawn, nicely trimmed out, beautiful trees and flowers etc.

On the other hand I am mowing in my light short cotton nightgown which looks like a pretty t-shirt but is lighter weight with a pair of jeans.....my husband is cracking up! He is working hard at his stuff.

r.

• ninja
    ninja

chocolate rain!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I derive great pleasure from watching my daughter mow my lawn. It's a tiny little lawn, as pretty as a postage stamp. But it still benefits from regular care. Hubby thought "twice a year" was regular. He waited until it was wheat before he mowed it down. My daughter took over, and now I have a bright emerald patch. I'll leap tall buildings to keep my daughter motivated. I recently invested in new grass seed and weed whacker line to keep her happy.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yes.. I actually loved my yard.. I nutured every tree and bush on it.. and loved the meditating therapy when mowing my lawn..

I remember when I was a dub.. and talking to a brother an telling him about mowing 4 of my 5 acres with a push mower.. he said NO wonder you want a brother! you want someone to mow your lawn.. I said heck no (well swearing was wrong back then you know).. i just want someone to hand me a beer when I take a break!\\

god I miss my lawn..

• blondie
    blondie

Lawn = hubbie's job

Flower beds = Blondie's job

Garden = both our jobs

Keep it a size that it does not demand more time than you want to give....

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

R- I always do my own yard work too. There's nothing better then the feeling once you get finished, your yard looks fantastic and knowing that you did that- yourself! Even though usually when I'm done I have tiny cuts all over from the thorns on the tree I trimmed down and my back is aching from loading all the shrubbery I cut back and loaded into the truck then proceeded to get on and jump to make more room for the rest...
    There's still nothing like it ;-)
    Although unlike what you wore, I usually wear pants, work boots, long sleeves, a hat and gloves even when it's over 100 degrees out. Otherwise I always come back inside with a horrible sunburn and then I'm not as happy about how great my yard looks.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ninja,

What does "chocolate rain" mean?

• minu
    minu

We have 2 1/2 acres of nothing but work. No grass to cut. Tons of trees and little flower beds everywhere. It's hard work but I get a sense of accomplishment when it's done. The aching muscles are worth it.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

No, I hate yard work with a passion. I leave that up to the hubby and the boys

• restrangled
    restrangled

I would also like to know what chocolate rain means!!!!???

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit