Visitor to our apple tree

by Cellist 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

alt

I found out that it's the caterpillar of the Cecropia moth. A very large and beautiful moth. There were three of these huge caterpillars in our new little apple tree. We moved them to a larger tree, I hope we get to see the moths next spring.

Cellist

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

That is a great picture! Thanks for sharing.

• Tara
    Tara

I hate creepy, crawly bugs, but I must admit the picture of this one fascinates me.

It looks like something out of a sci-fi movie....getting ready to grow and take over the world...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow!

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

whoa! that looks like 3 of the caterpillars that were on my tomatoe plants. I broke off the branches they were on and moved them.

I wonder if it's the same thing...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Cool!

• Cellist
    Cellist

freedomloverr, what you had on your tomato plants was probably the tomato horn worm. They're about the same size.

Cellist

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and this is what it becomes...

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Great pic Cellist! How have you been?

nj

• Cellist
    Cellist

Thanks, jgnat! I don't know how to take a pic off the internet and post it here.

I'm doing alright, nj. We're even more short staffed at work with everyone taking their vacation time, so there's more stress there. And my Grandpa is really sick and there's lots of family troubles. But other than that I'm having a good summer. I've even managed to get to the lake a few times.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit