• golf2
  • golf2
    golf2

\

Without doubt.

Golf

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The world is less violent, but we have a better communication system.

I'm reading "The last days of the Incas." Very violent back then.

Skeeter

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Here's a link to the original article proplog2 posted:

Stephen Pinker, "A History of Violence"

Also, if you highlight proplog2's original text and do a "view source" on it, the paragraph breaks show up clearly.

gently feral

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks, GentlyFeral and proplog2.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

>>My dad used to say that when he was young, nobody locked their bikes and it was very very rare that a bike was stolen.<<

Mine did too. He forgot to mention that Blacks had to sit in the back of the bus and were not allowed to eat in many restaurants.

I won't even go into what we could get away with doing to the secretaries even only 15 years ago.....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    >>My dad used to say that when he was young, nobody locked their bikes and it was very very rare that a bike was stolen.<<

Mine did too. He forgot to mention that Blacks had to sit in the back of the bus and were not allowed to eat in many restaurants.

I won't even go into what we could get away with doing to the secretaries even only 15 years ago.....

Excellent!

Reminds me of a thread I started a little while ago:One of the greatest threats to the sanity of humanity- HISTORICAL MYOPIA

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Attilla the Hun

The Prophet Mohammed

Gengis Khan

Joseph Stalin

Pol Pot

The world has never been short of blood thirsty men

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good reminders, stilla.

• designs
    designs

The US is more peaceful now than in the past 20 years. Source www.thepeacealliance.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit