Can't attend the footwashing,but

by Junction-Guy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That is correct. In the catholic church they refer to it as maudy thursday, and maybe the anglican too.

• barry
    barry

The SDAs wash feet and its allways a possibility it may turn you off if someone had disgusting feet or something. The SDAs also call it the ordinance of humility and it is done before communion.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

JG,

The first time I ever heard of foot washing was from a JW.She explained what it was, and offered to wash my feet, but since I wasn't sure whether or not it was a WTS-approved activity, I declined her offer.I had never heard of it before she explained it to me.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Cicatrix, no it isnt a JW approved thing. Fred Franz would roll over in his grave knowing a JW was washing feet. You wouldn't want to imitate those fundy footwashing Baptists, now would ya? LOL

Thanks for your reply.

Dave

• barry
    barry

I forgot to mention there is some dispute among SDAs when the footwashing some SDAs do it before communion and some do it after. Traditionally it was done before but if you read the bible it was donr after.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, I think we do it after in our church.

I read somewhere that some churches only wash one foot, however we wash both feet, so technically it should be called "feetwashing"

• heathen
    heathen

Yah I know what you're saying , if something just doesn't fit with a belief it makes it hard to just go with the crowd at the time. I experienced that when I went to a nondenominational church here in my town . All that buisness of altar calls and trinitarian dogma just doesn't work for me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit